Shrimp have arrived!!!

smm333

My order of shrimp arrived today! I went with red rili which members here recommended due to my black sand. They are currently being drip acclimated in a bowl. I am so excited! They are super cute! I ordered 10+1 in case of doa and requested small ones. I got 13 and all arrived alive! Various sizes from one teeny tiny one to a couple that look almost grown. Can't wait to get them into the tank and be an official shrimp keeper! 😍🦐

20230112_180627.jpg

• Love 15

looking cute! I spent ages to decide whether I should go for orange rilis or orange sakuras. It can be really hard to decide on which you wanna keep :D

reds in a planted tank with a dark substrate sounds like a better option to me too

Edited by Lennie

On 1/13/2023 at 3:27 AM, Lennie said:

looking cute! I spent ages to decide whether I should go for orange rilis or orange sakuras. It can be really hard to decide on which you wanna keep :D

reds in a planted tank with a dark substrate sounds like a better option to me too

Ooo, the orange ones are beautiful too! I wish I could have the skittles mix and they'd stay all those colors. There are so many cool ones! I see more shrimp tanks in my future.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 6:45 AM, PerceptivePesce said:

I was sad to learn that skittles packs revert to original boring color too.  Shrimp are like play-do, if you mix all the colors together they just turn brown 😆

🤣 As an EC teacher that hits home, lol!

On 1/13/2023 at 7:06 AM, Winstons_estate said:

They look awesome im so jealous! Im currently sitting on my hands waiting for a tank to mature to order some shrimp lol. I might copy you these shrimp look beautiful!!

They are so cool! They were shipped, so they will get even more beautiful as they adjust to their new home. I definitely recommend them! They look like little candy canes. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1