Co-op Email

JJenna

I received an email from the Co-op today regarding one of the postings I made about how soon to test after adding Equilibrium to my tank. Several people replied and the email asks me to use the  "Mark as Solution" button on the post with the best solution. Where might I see that button? I've opened each solution individually as well as viewed the thread and it's not obvious to me where this button is. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/2/2022 at 1:05 PM, JJenna said:

I received an email from the Co-op today regarding one of the postings I made about how soon to test after adding Equilibrium to my tank. Several people replied and the email asks me to use the  "Mark as Solution" button on the post with the best solution. Where might I see that button? I've opened each solution individually as well as viewed the thread and it's not obvious to me where this button is. 

I am a bit confused on your question. Was this a general marketing email that you received, or was it sent from customer service specifically to you? 

On 12/2/2022 at 4:39 PM, Zenzo said:

I am a bit confused on your question. Was this a general marketing email that you received, or was it sent from customer service specifically to you? 

Here is an exemple of what she means. I have received a couple of these emails too. I can’t find the button either. 

333E61C8-5474-4F1F-930E-B99BE511ECF2.jpeg

F521CFAA-6007-4F48-9E13-72BA0537FFFC.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Oh, I see. A forum/CARE email...different than an Aquarium Co-Op email. That's where I was confused.

I don't recall seeing that button on posts (but maybe it's only something the OP can see?). @Streetwise Are you familiar with a "Mark as Solution" button on posts for the OP to see? 

I've had a few of these emails too. I think they come like a week after making a post with a question in the title or description.

I've never been able to find the bottom either. There was a similar thread about a month ago which funnily enough didn't have an answer either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took a guess and turned off email notifications about feedback. Please let me know if this affects anything in the Fish Swap.

To add some information, all of our sub forums are set as Discussions, but there is an option to set any of them as Questions, like if we were a tech support forum.

• Thanks 2

I get these emails quite a bit, but I can’t find any Mark as Solution button.

Here’s a part of one from my “Show off your pipsqueaks” thread. 
7A17611B-F629-46BA-A56A-D6F890917657.jpeg.45705e67829fcac8658cd8f294f118bd.jpeg

I just noticed the sentence at the bottom that says Stop receiving these reminder emails. I clicked that, and it says I’ve been unsuccessfully subscribed.

Odd that these have been asking me to use a feature that I cannot find on the site though.

@Streetwise

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 12/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, Streetwise said:

My earlier guess was wrong. Feedback is just for the Fish Swap. The feature to display Solutions seems to be off, so perhaps it is some detail in Notifications.

Edit: This is a known problem:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/469635-email-notifications-for-mark-as-solution/

If only there was a way to mark this so that people later could know this is the answer.

On 12/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, Streetwise said:

I have a question after checking that support thread. Are your notification emails all connected to threads that you started?

Yes

• Haha 2

On 12/3/2022 at 10:06 PM, Streetwise said:

@Schuyler, thanks! Lake Champlain has an island, and a sailboat race with your name. My cat is named Valcour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuyler_Island

https://lcyc.info/events/schuyler_island

Thanks @Karen B.

My very own island...

If you've seen/heard Hamilton, his father-in-law is Phillip Schuyler. He was some kind of big revolutionary war hero. He ended up having only daughters and his family name ended with him. So in honor of him people started naming there sons after him (not sure why they didn't just go with Philip though). 

I wonder if the island is named after him too

On 12/4/2022 at 4:36 AM, Schuyler said:

My very own island...

If you've seen/heard Hamilton, his father-in-law is Phillip Schuyler. He was some kind of big revolutionary war hero. He ended up having only daughters and his family name ended with him. So in honor of him people started naming there sons after him (not sure why they didn't just go with Philip though). 

I wonder if the island is named after him too

That explains quite a bit about the amazing achievements of said Mrs Hamilton. (Listed at the end of said musical as what seemed like a really awkward well we have to say something post script).

Have you ever managed to give your name without being asked to spell it? 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:14 AM, Flumpweesel said:

Have you ever managed to give your name without being asked to spell it? 

I don't think I've ever not spelled it. Most of the time people ask something like "Is that spelled with an 'e' or an 'a'?" Then I just spell the whole thing

Edited by Schuyler
"spell" not "sorry"
  • Like 1