Fundulopanchax sjostedti (Blue Gularis)

Fish Folk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:12 PM, itsfoxtail said:

The chosen one.

Any more luck finding eggs?

The larger male beats on the female pretty bad. I have kept her out to let her recover awhile, so no new eggs. I’ll keep working with them though! 

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 3:12 PM, aqualon56 said:

I hope it works for you. Guppysnail finally got me on the forum.

Great! You'll be a sage here.

The Paradise fish definitely divert aggression. I was able to collect 4x eggs yesterday from mops -- very good to find!

I am low on tank space to move mops over to allow immediate hatching, and I am trying to cue up a 10x hatch to qualify for BAP (Breeders Award Program). But I think with your suggestions, I am targeting a much better result.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have been trying with a pair of these but my eggs repeatedly funguses in peat.  So I tried this method with a paper towel and blue juice and I am not optimistic.  I was thinking 1 drop in 500ml as a starting point for storing them in.  Any comments or advice available?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:05 PM, Sapphere said:

I have been trying with a pair of these but my eggs repeatedly funguses in peat.  So I tried this method with a paper towel and blue juice and I am not optimistic.  I was thinking 1 drop in 500ml as a starting point for storing them in.  Any comments or advice available?

I had no good luck. I’m told that if you use a mop, provided they spawn regularly, just take it out and move the mop to an empty tank / bin that’s got cycled water. They should hatch out if they’re fertile. No need to dry the eggs.

• Love 1

On 8/23/2023 at 3:11 PM, Fish Folk said:

I had no good luck. I’m told that if you use a mop, provided they spawn regularly, just take it out and move the mop to an empty tank / bin that’s got cycled water. They should hatch out if they’re fertile. No need to dry the eggs.

I have tanks thanks

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

who has female blue gularus for sale? Looking for at least 4 females, could you please text me the info and price? I live north of Phoenix Az so California or near by states would be nice.

Cell 480398 6168

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, Mickey said:

who has female blue gularus for sale? Looking for at least 4 females, could you please text me the info and price? I live north of Phoenix Az so California or near by states would be nice.

Cell 480398 6168

You can reach out to this guy: https://aquaticlifefarm.com/index.html

His F. sjostedti are not the Loe strain. His are _Red Gularis_.

I got mine from this seller: https://aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?disp&viewseller&Sellfishgals

Also, most Kill breeders refuse to just sell one sex or another.

• 5 months later...
On 10/1/2024 at 6:18 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I have tried 3 x with eggs and had no success. I saw this on Dan’s Fish and was very tempted! https://dansfish.com/product.detail/6813/Blue-Gularis-'Warri',-Pair-(1M1F)-(Fundulopanchax-sjostedti)

Also @Fish Folkany update on your group?

They can be temperamental. Mine had issues… all died…

Frank over at Aquatic Life Farm is a great guy. Send him an email. But ask very specific questions about his water parameters.

• Thanks 1