Does this stand need to go back to the store?

MattyM

On 10/10/2022 at 4:54 PM, Wrencher_Scott said:

Try loosening the bolts then tighten with the weight of the aquarium on it. I bet it will be ok.

I was thinking the same thing. That’s the first thing your learn in wrenching school right? 😁

Edited by Patrick_G

On 10/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, Wrencher_Scott said:

Try loosening the bolts then tighten with the weight of the aquarium on it. I bet it will be ok.

Good idea - but after further inspection this morning, those corners are actually dented 😞 

I think this stand was used and repackaged. 

On 10/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, MattyM said:

Good idea - but after further inspection this morning, those corners are actually dented 😞 

I think this stand was used and repackaged. 

aww bummer

On 10/10/2022 at 5:59 PM, Patrick_G said:

I was thinking the same thing. That’s the first thing your learn in wrenching school right? 😁

aha no, Ikea build school I think.

😁

• Haha 1

I would take the stand back.  Everything should be flush, and a new stand should not be dented..  This looks to me like a manufacturing quality issue. The 4 pads prevent the adjustable feet from damaging the tile or wood floor.   Alternatively, in case you haven't tried this, briefly pick up the empty aquarium and stand together.  If the stand is racked (crooked) this may fix it.  You might also check the adjustment on the feet.  The aquarium should not be rocking. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Tanked - I tried about everything yesterday, including assembling upside down with weights on top to try to keep the top flush. Once everything is tight, it just isn't flush. The instructions actually say to use the pads on the corners. It's going back today, and I have an Aqueon Forge arriving today too, which I've used before with no issue. 

• Like 1