Corydoras catfish food

Mattila067

Anything that sinks that contains proteins not just algae. There are a lot of catfish omnivore pellets about.

I like tetra and hikari but I'm currently trying some by king British that are going down well. But don't forget they'll get some of everything you put in their. Mine used to really go nuts for goldfish flakes.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:11 AM, Guppysnail said:

Variety. I think no food has everything but several will cover bases best. My Cory cats like extreme foods but their favorite commercial food is the Hikari wafers in the orange bag. Of course all time yummy is live baby brine and grindal worms. 

image.jpg

Mine certainly like those wafers though it is probably not the best food in the world - they also like fluval bug bites and omega-one pellets (both shrimp and catfish); not sure they like the gel stuff - though my various apistogramma and clown loaches go after it (even though i'm putting in the tank for the plecos).

On 9/20/2022 at 2:24 PM, Mattila067 said:

Would like to know the best food to feed my Corydoras catfish 

Pellet foods work well. They do love flakes also, but the flakes don't really stay put on the substrate sometimes for them.

Dry foods:  Hikari vibrabites, and other pellet foods, hikari algae wafers (moreso than others), spirulina based foods, fluval bug bites as well
Frozen foods: Spirulina brine, blood worms (be careful they aren't too big)
Other foods: Repashy community, Soilent Green, Bottom Scratcher are all awesome foods for them!