Good evening everyone! 🤓🐟🌱

I'm on my 2nd year of summer tubbing and I've noticed a ton of fry in my Paradise fish pond but I'm in two minds wether to remove the fry to raise indoors or just leave them to it until I shut it down as it gets colder?

Any experience, and advise is greatly appreciated 🙂 

Thanks! ❤️

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, Ken Burke said:

Why not a little of both?  Pull in say 25 or so, and raise them indoors.  When you get near the end of summer you can compare the results.  Size, color etc

oh, and send pictures 

This might be a neat experiment, based on my swordtail fry it looks like the fry in the 110g pond grow much faster, with colors much denser, than the fry growing up indoors. My swordtails are sanke koi color and the fry raised outdoors are much darker orange, orange-red whereas the indoors crew are lighter pumpkin orange.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:15 PM, PineSong said:

This might be a neat experiment, based on my swordtail fry it looks like the fry in the 110g pond grow much faster, with colors much denser, than the fry growing up indoors. My swordtails are sanke koi color and the fry raised outdoors are much darker orange, orange-red whereas the indoors crew are lighter pumpkin orange.

It also add a level of insurance.  If something happens to your tub, u still have a base stock 

• Like 1