How to get BN plecos to breed?

TheSwissAquarist

Food is important. They want to be well fed. Ideally some food left lying around for nibbling on through the day. Canned green beans work well for me. They also like some protein. I use frozen shrimp (the kind for human consumption.) I plop one in and the plecos nibble on it much of the day. Up the feeding schedule and you're apt to get egg production. Yours might not be fully mature yet also. Two months is not a long time in terms of pleco growth. If they weren't fully adult when bought, they might just need a bit more time to mature. My adult Super Reds tend to be five to six inches before they breed. 

• Like 1

The female will develop her eggs. It’s an unmistakable big egg belly. Then they will breed. I had a lone girl I had to move in with a boy because she developed eggs. So when she is physically ready they will spawn regardless of what you do or do not do. A decent protein for the girls helps them develop eggs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use 

vensovo 4 pcs Terracotta Watering Spikes - Automatic Self Watering Stakes, Plant Watering Devices for Wine Bottles Recycled Bottles, Clay Plant Garden Waterers for Vacations https://a.co/d/1iSvYaT

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255220520510?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lp4KeCM3QYu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=v0AGUAjUSm-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

but there are a number of things that work I have not had luck with pvc pipe.

what every you use you really want one end closed 

As people have mentioned a selection of caves and a varied diet and reqular water changes are the most important thing when it comes to breeding bristlenose I feed main a diet rich in vegetable matter and some protein I feed a mixture of cucumber blanched spinach and lettuce hikari algae wafers EBO algae wafers repashy solient and super green bugbites pleco forumal  and twice a week I feed a higher protein foods frozen blood worms and EBO youngster grow paste that has 62% protein mine breed every other week it seem like 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1