Xtreme Foods

WillC

I am in the process of putting an order into the Coop. 

Current Residents:

5-6 Mystery Snails

??? Ramshorn Snails

1 Bristlenose Pleco

1 Betta

4 Cories *Added today.

Current Feeding Regimes:

Hikari Sinking Wafers

Xtreme Betta

Xtreme Shrimpee

Random Frozen Foods

My order will be for 3-4 months of food. I will be adding a TBD schooling fish to round out the tank next month.

Here are my questions. 

What size Xtreme pellet should I use for this mix of fish? I was thinking of switching over to the 1.5 pellet from Xtreme, but fear it may the too large for the betta.

What Xtreme brand products would you recommend for my crew? 

My current basket has  Xtreme Sinking Wafers, Xtreme Krill Flakes, Xtreme Shrimpee, and Xtreme 1.5 Floating Pellets.

Thanks for any input.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, WillC said:

What size Xtreme pellet should I use for this mix of fish? I was thinking of switching over to the 1.5 pellet from Xtreme, but fear it may the too large for the betta.

The nano or the betta pellets for the betta specifically (nutritionally I don't know what the difference is and would have to check).  I would only use xtreme pellets if you have something to eat food at the top of the surface. If not, you're going to end up skimming out a lot of food daily.

Something like vibra bites is good because it will all sink in a decent amount of time and some does float.  Hikari also sells pellet foods, but I don't know which is "best" for this use.

I wouldn't buy any new food until you do have that schooling fish en route or in your tanks. 

I don't know if they are still there, but the nano blocks would be a good treat too. 

It looks like the only real thing you're missing is spirula or something specific for that type of a pet.  (you do have some sinking wafers)  I would lean towards something like repashy community blend + Soilent green as a good option to feed when you do need to add a bit more fiber to the diet.

How is the shrimpee food for you?

• Like 2

I don't think there would be a reason to go away from the Xtreme Betta if that is working well for your fish.  A lot of schooling fish are mid water feeders so a floating pellet of any kind would probably just be for the Betta anyway.  

• Like 2