On 3/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Not sure if I mentioned this, but sometimes Snoopy picks up sand and spits it out. (The equivalent of raising the cupboard for snacks)

She doesn’t do it every day, but on occasion.

Rams do like sand I believe! 

That's why I put a lot of sand to my new tank hoping them to enjoy the sand.

I am excited to see if mine will interact with the sand.

Try to catch a picture when she plays with it. I wanna seee 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:39 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That’s gonna be tough. It’s so rare when she does it, and she will usually only do it ONE time and then be on her Snoopy way.

She is the cutest. 😄

As long as she is happy sifting the sand,

I'm okay with not seeing it happening.💔🥲

On 3/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The equivalent of raiding the cupboard for snacks

My endlers occasionally pig out on BBS I use to feed the fry in their tank. Whenever I see them all fat and happy, it reminds me of a book about a small boy who  thinks he’s a plane. « Conducted a midnight air raid on sweetie jar, served sentence in the sick wing » 😂😂

• Haha 1

Mine did it all the time. Especially during feeding or early in the morning.

A lot of them are similar to geos in being able to pick food out of the sand /fine substrates.

Learned something new yesterday. Some fish do this to chew! I forget which specific fish was mentioned, but they have a gill rake. They pass the food over it and use that to chew it down smaller and smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, but not often. Punk seems to be well occupied with the other fish in the tank, patrolling the snails, etc. Day before yesterday I saw Punk going more than halfway up the tank (20 tall) which was interesting as that's not typical - my guess though is that there may have been fry in the tank. I do wish I had a tank with a longer base but it seems to me 95% of the time Punk is content. 

Oh and Punk also likes to rearrange things, the chola, the subwassertang and some of the root plants. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 1:45 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Oh and Punk also likes to rearrange things, the chola, the subwassertang and some of the root plants

Really? Hahah, too funny. Snoopy has appointed herself as snail supervisor as well. And inspector of all snail food. She occasionally helps with quality checking the snail menu to ensure it is adequate.

Snoopy has been doing a little bit of glass surfing and I wonder how I can improve the habitat. Unless this is her way of begging for food between meals (I wouldn’t put it past her).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, Lennie said:

Rams do like sand I believe! 

That's why I put a lot of sand to my new tank hoping them to enjoy the sand.

I am excited to see if mine will interact with the sand.

Try to catch a picture when she plays with it. I wanna seee 🙂

Ok, got the footage! This is the worst time of day for glare so pardon the quality.

• Like 1
  • Love 5