On 11/26/2023 at 7:14 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

How’s the 55 gal project coming along? 😅

Passed the CPA exams. 🥳  I’m about to make a job change; I’ve been interviewing etc. After job change I will have the budget!  Right now I’ve been window shopping stands, and I cannot find one I trust. Most of them are fiberboard and I can’t stand that. The metal ones don’t have storage cabinets. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

I went to war with my wiring, with a new weapon:

IMG_6354.jpeg.68f93eb76ed4ba14d002ecf91a4f8230.jpeg

However I lost, and both of these are being returned. These are hard to plug into and remove plugs from. I can’t seeing myself giving a fierce tug with my hand behind a floor tank. It just seems like it could be a disaster. I made a big mess of the wiring in the process of trying this out and reverting back. I resorted to 2 smaller power strips and some garden ties to kind of tidy things. (Still have the cyber power with outlets pretty full plus a power strip plugged into that, plus all the wall outlets used up.. The process was pretty annoying; one has to be a contortionist to be crawling around and reaching behind tanks to do the things. But anyway.. looks pretty decent now. A bit satisfying. The last thing is to put some kind of sound absorbing stuff under the air pumps. I wonder if a piece of yoga mat would work.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 1:30 PM, Guppysnail said:

I like these. More compact. Their plug is flat. They have 4 usb spots and you can get 8 or 12 outlet. They hang on the wall easily with double sided tape. 

But aint a weapon material.

2 out of 5. 

😝🤣

• Haha 1

Idk seems I always have devices with big power packs that cover other outlets on power strips 😕

Although I guess the power blocks from nano pumps would not be needed if I had usb ports like @Guppysnail’s power strip. I think I may have one of those already.

Those photos were from the yesterday mess, which I sorted through

On 11/28/2023 at 6:24 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Idk seems I always have devices with big power packs that cover other outlets on power strips

That’s why I love the stairs ones I posted. The outlets are far enough apart to accommodate large square plugs. Outlets on the sides pout the big chuncky boxes in directions out of each others way. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 1:50 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

New kid, settling into quarantine. Has a hide, mopani, and some yellow squash. Has white tipped fins! I learned the parents do too

IMG_6392.jpeg.6fe05f04fab7022b7272539e1d4a13ed.jpeg

IMG_6394.jpeg.8d7dade80b1679340fd55a98ef8b90a8.jpeg

(Hide added after video taken)

Welcome home new friend 🐻‍❄️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made 150 poops already 😂

We have good energy today and we found our hide. Use it like this, right?

IMG_6399.jpeg.943f4489c5706df78fa618498ad7191d.jpeg

I didn’t notice any bites out of the squash I left overnight, but we rasped on the wood and we like Soilent green Repashy. (We are very wiggly for our Kodak moments..)

IMG_6401.jpeg.684a57e0eea35c338d6b376f02b8284d.jpeg

Oh ok, maybe this is how this works. White tail 🤍

IMG_6402.jpeg.8a4671faa475d8180c6de91cb71a9657.jpeg

Now I did notice a loooong split in the tail. Hard to tell from web images if that is normal. Using the web image,

IMG_6403.jpeg.d8cb7e110e5bf7259a3fa55c597da769.jpeg

I will draw the split.

IMG_6404.jpeg.01259d8df312de3a8b562faa1bfd0519.jpeg

If not the norm I plan to add catappa leaves.

Also we picked out our Christmas tree and it is being inspected. On staff is a professional inspector, going over every detail for quality assurance.

IMG_6398.jpeg.50d5081e1986b72cb888f53f635b0877.jpeg

We learned years ago about the Christmas tree bags. You put it under the tree and it will be hidden by a tree skirt. End of season, remove base and pull bag up to enclose the tree. No needles everywhere in the home; only some around this area from movement of the tree. 

Time for lights!

• Love 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, Guppysnail said:

Split is normal. The long fins are very delicate and transport splits them. High ph splits and grays them.  Whenever mine have experienced stress the tails split temporarily.  Clean stable water and low stress the heal on their own. 

Ok, very good. No tankmates, no light, and has big catappa leaf. Knows about the hide but is choosing to stay out in the open. 🖤

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:17 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ok, very good. No tankmates, no light, and has big catappa leaf. Knows about the hide but is choosing to stay out in the open. 🖤

Cave usage is a breeding thing I think. My dad never goes in his cave unless mom is ready to lay. He hangs under his log hidden in plain sight. 

• Thanks 1

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea, Love this journal, that tree is awesome btw! If you have small kids or relatives coming over btw for Christmas, you should try a fun family activity our family does, we hide (wrapped) candy-canes in the tree for people to find. But just remember where you put them or else you might have some you find the year after lmao. 22 days till I'm supplied with my new tank and neon signs I can't wait any longer... 😩😮‍💨

On 12/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, Kaiju said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea, Love this journal, that tree is awesome btw! If you have small kids or relatives coming over btw for Christmas, you should try a fun family activity our family does, we hide (wrapped) candy-canes in the tree for people to find. But just remember where you put them or else you might have some you find the year after lmao. 22 days till I'm supplied with my new tank and neon signs I can't wait any longer... 😩😮‍💨

That’s a great idea @Kaiju!  What size tank are you getting?

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea 9.1 long. I'm thinking of putting shrimp and nano fish in it and scrapping the tank as a breeding project (as I originally planned, but rather as just a scaped tank for fun). Thanks for asking! 🙂 

Edited by Kaiju

On 12/3/2023 at 10:24 PM, Kaiju said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea 9.1 long. I'm thinking of putting shrimp and nano fish in it and scrapping the tank as a breeding project (as I originally planned, but rather as just a scaped tank for fun). Thanks for asking! 🙂 

Very nice!  I assume you asked Santa for this?  Do you have a stand already?