On 11/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

4B37577B-7C3F-4093-8550-E5F461C97F52.jpeg

I'd put it like that, cover it in plants.  What a wonky piece

It is probably good in a pleco tank?  I would sand some spots though, or soak it for a long time (3-4 weeks to soften the edges and then see what it does.  Usually the outer layer comes off and then you're slightly more
better off for fish use.  Not necessarily betta use, but in general if you have a piece like this. 

Worst stories I've heard is barbs and other fish spearing themselves on fine manzanita branches 😞 .

On 11/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I carefully placed it into the tank, and none of the moss came off. Geppetto lowered his landing gear and touched down for the inspection.

😂 Now we're just going to imagine you make little rudder sounds when you edit his videos and see him swimming around.

Hopefully it does well for you!!!

• Haha 1

Maintenance done for the day for me.  Now I need to find out if any of the local shops will actually buy fish I breed.... most of them are salt only.  Clean water for the sick fish and then just keep up with that.

We're officially in a "dope blackwater tank" competition now.  Here's to hoping I can grow plants for once!

I think the heater burned the bolbitis I had that was "near it".  Leaves are all black.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The LFS chops driftwood up into little chunks and sells em for $2.50 each. That’s what this is. I like buying them for small tanks.

Interesting.... I wonder if they consider cutting them long / thinner so you have planks and stuff for moss mats for spawning.  Maybe take a few and grow out some moss and sell it back to em?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:55 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I think the heater burned the bolbitis I had that was "near it"

My crinum lost all of its long tendrils. Not sure if it is because it was next to the heater or it was acclimating to submersion. I moved it and trimmed (butchered) it. It has long, sturdy taproots now so I think it is going to do something again.

• Thanks 1

A few years ago I left my sock drawer open which is about halfway up my chest of drawers. I went in my dressing room later that day to get a different pair of socks and stuck my hand in and screamed bloody murder. My cat had buried himself in the socks and went to sleep and I did not see him when I stuck my hand in. 

• Haha 3

On 11/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Guppysnail said:

A few years ago I left my sock drawer open which is about halfway up my chest of drawers. I went in my dressing room later that day to get a different pair of socks and stuck my hand in and screamed bloody murder. My cat had buried himself in the socks and went to sleep and I did not see him when I stuck my hand in. 

My first cat apparently went in a drawer while I was getting ready for work. In a rush, I shut the drawer and left. I worked a double. Came home, couldn’t find him. Retraced my steps. Started looking random places; I lived in a small apartment at the time so not many places he could go. I opened the drawer and he yawned, did a huge stretch, and lazily stepped out with his eyes half open. 

I was traumatized, and he was like, whatever.

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2022 at 7:37 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I was traumatized, and he was like, whatever.

A few years ago, my dog ran off while on a walk in the mountains. I’d been walking him by myself and knew I was going to get into hot water with my parents if I didn’t find him. I spent half an hour calling his name, then had to give up and go home because it was almost dark. 
Guess who was sitting on the doorstep…🐶

• Haha 3

So last night my husband and I went to a free event called Christmas in the Park. We got there pretty early: 5-something, and the event started at 6:15. Christmas in the Park is a lighting of lights and Tiffany stained glass windows by the museum that showcases Louis Comfort Tiffany’s work (you might be familiar with Tiffany lamps. Those were made by him too.) Also a symphony would be there playing Christmas music as people strolled around the decorated village.

The place was a zoo. We drove around the village for one hour trying to find parking, and literally everything was filled, even the parking garages.

So we went to PF Changs and then went home. 🤣

Oh also we had our own concert in the truck with Bing Crosby, so there’s that. 😉

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1