Help us with what content you watch on our channel.

Cory

Help us with what content you watch on our channel.  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What types of Aquarium Co-Op Videos do Prefer to Watch? Select all that apply.

• 2 Hour Live Streams
    • Tours of Fish Farms, and other places.
    • Top 5 / Top 10 Style Content(fish lists, Top 5 hacks, etc)
    • Shorter Videos on a specific topic.(Care guides, Disease, Water Parameters)
    • Fish Room Vlogs (Cory's Fish Room)
    • Plant Related Videos
    • Fish Breeding Related Videos
    • Information about the business side or Cory's personal life.
    • Unboxings
    • Adventure Style (Collecting trips)
    • DIY Content
    • Other (explain what type of video interests you)

I watch almost everything Aquarium Co-Op produces @Cory.  Your wonderful videos got me into the hobby and they remain a source of enjoyment and knowledge as I take care of my own 40 gallon breeder full of white clouds.  Really appreciate all you guys do for the hobby!!

I watch everything but the live streams.

@Cory I love/appreciate your other channel in which you focus on business topics. I don't mind that your output there is sporadic since I'd rather wait a while for decent, information-rich content than a re-hash of the same old topics just to meet the demands of a regular content-release schedule.

Edited by tolstoy21

I've been on a binge watch with the content on the channel. Other than live streams I've been playing 1 after the other from newest to oldest video. I want to learn as much as possible and feel everyone on the channel is top notch at explaining everything in way we all can understand. I would like to see more on African Cichlids as that's my main focus but we also have a community tank. Really anything fish is good for me. Thanks for sharing all the great information with us along with great products. 🐠🌱🐟

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, Nate22 said:

I've been on a binge watch with the content on the channel. Other than live streams I've been playing 1 after the other from newest to oldest video. I want to learn as much as possible and feel everyone on the channel is top notch at explaining everything in way we all can understand. I would like to see more on African Cichlids as that's my main focus but we also have a community tank. Really anything fish is good for me. Thanks for sharing all the great information with us along with great products. 🐠🌱🐟

I pulled up the "Random Old Videos" playlist, and have been rewatching those. So much fun to revisit videos I haven't seen in a while, and enjoy the memories. Plus, there were a bunch I had missed/never seen, so added bonus!

On 5/19/2022 at 1:55 AM, Torrey said:

I pulled up the "Random Old Videos" playlist, and have been rewatching those. So much fun to revisit videos I haven't seen in a while, and enjoy the memories. Plus, there were a bunch I had missed/never seen, so added bonus!

Yeah I am finding the videos very helpful and informative. They are just great videos to watch in general. I've been told I'm obsessed with aquarium co-op and I'm ok with that. Lol. Mind you this person wasn't into the hobby until I said here's a 50 gallon tank to do what ever you want with. Now she's starting to see the fun in the hobby and is stealing 🌱 and 🐌 from my tank. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to find an old video and I just wanted to take a second to point towards a few of these videos and "this type" of content and how much it speaks to me as a human and as a hobbyist.

I don't even think I saw this video when it first came out, but it's the story of Aquahuna.  We've seen visits to San Francisco's Ocean Aquarium, other shops, amazing stories.  Even something like the Otocinclus videos. Project Piaba. (I would mention sharkwater in there as well, but that's not ACO content).

I think what is nice to me is to see something about stories I didn't even know I cared so much to hear. I think a lot of us can speak to the enjoyment of a good book, a good movie, something impactful, dramatic, heartfelt, etc. Whatever that emotional connection and attachment you have to that piece of content, the fact that you feel something, that's what I really enjoy about these.  It's like when you stare at river or pond and the water is still. Philosophically you are trying to view underwater to see beyond the surface, but you can't help see the reflection and yourself in that light as well.

I want to mention all of these because in the first one I saw "An Aquarium Co-Op Production" in dramatic fashion.  I really think that's a playlist, secondary channel, or tag on a video series similar to ESPNs 30 for 30. It's the type of content I think would be inspirational to people when they need it.  I hope to see more use of that little tagline and I wanted to mention that I noticed it, enjoyed it, and I can totally see the potential for greatness there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

First let me say Thank you and all the ACO team for all you do for us on the forum, shop and videos .. I marked  All the choices  in the poll .. all are amazing 

even with me being retired i keep busy helping taking care of a a brother with Parkinson’s Disease .. I usually visit with my ipad  instead of a computer .. while i take care of brother and while he sleeps .. 

So i do not see every video even if I try  to catch them .. usually i try to watch the live streams usually not when they air but i listen to it while I clean house or tank .. 

I watch and every type I watch more plant videos due to trying to learn but love the fish , how to videos to I do not build but watch how to build a tank stand ..

I love the Fish tour videos  ACO and Dean’s   tour and i absolutely love the videos  of  Justin of San Francisco Ocean   Aquarium  Would love to see more of Justin I have watch that at least 4 times .. I would love to see a  couple of video of Cory , Dean , Justin together  that would be awesome and one video  would not be a enough to learn ..  would love a couple  I would love to see  Dean and Justin together,

I would love to see a couple of videos of Cory and Irene   together a Q&A  or set of topics with plants  .. not sure if that is possible with you all  being in different locations ..  I love Irene and her channel  love Jimmy’s Channel to with Dean  channel 

I love the videos or the AOC team loved Candi video  would love to get to know each member better  how they come to  the Hobby and work at AOC and learn from them too  on everything ..

Would  love to see more plant  videos  of the the plants  ACO  sells  and  their care  in more detail  that would be helpfully trying to pick plants .. and would love more better detail  product too     specially the heater , and air pump  and  power pump  

Most of allI know is dumb  but  i would love a video or article   of how to  plant root tabs .. in more detail   i try to make a grid and 4-5   inches  apart   I use masking tape on rim to mark  tank .. I would like to know how many to use .. I always  fear I am adding to much would like a small chart  of a rough estimate   how many for 10 , 20 , 29; 40; 55 100 and etc ..  I Have a 55 gallon 

Edited by Bev C

There is so much good info on the channel.  I especially love the videos where Irene creates a quarantine box and Dean creates a fry box. (Oddly enough I ended up creating that quarantine box in an emergency when a 10-gal tank leaked and I had to quickly evacuate the crew.)

Little instructional videos like how to clean a sponge filter, how to gravel vac, and how to water test are critical for new hobbyists.  Cory does a great job explaining those type of things step by step without scolding or being condescending - he simply presents the information with a positive attitude, assuming that the viewer knows nothing and takes them from the ground up.  And that helps the newbies get a great start in the hobby, learn, and remain interested.  I also believe that those videos help experienced hobbyists because there are little tips/hacks given in them.

I especially love the videos that single out a specific species and explains their preferences - pH, hiding places/environment, temperature, how to breed, etc. Those really help when a hobbyist is thinking about introducing a new type of fish to the community and want to ensure that the fish/community have the best care.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, Bev C said:

Would  love to see more plant  videos  of the the plants  ACO  sells  and  their care  in more detail  that would be helpfully trying to pick plants

When I shop for ACO plants, I use the filters on their site. They are so helpful!  What I like to do is hover over Shop, then click live aquarium plants. There are 3 gray bubbles that come up that say type, placement, and light requirements. If you click any one of those gray bubbles it will give you choices. For example, I usually click light requirements, and then it gives me the choice to click Low, Medium, or High. I click my light requirement choice, then I click a plant I am interested in. If I scroll down, I can look for Directions and click the + sign next to it. And it tells me what fertilizer the plant needs. 

Using these filters on the site has made me super successful with plants, whereas in the past I never had luck. 

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea i agree those filters help  allot and i use them  .. but i want to see better  detail of the plant like a plant profile …  I do research like crazy   on youtube and google before buying a plant   i like to see them small but i would  to see  the plant full grown  too and some of my plants that say easy is  not for me 

• Like 1

My favorite videos from you lately have definitely been more on the business side, I think you have a very interesting perspective on the live animal business as a whole, focusing on the people as much as you focus on the animals, keying in on fish keeps me engaged as its something I can relate to. When I first found your channel, I was a novice fish keeper and the list videos, specific issue focused videos, and care guides were invaluable to me. Overall, I will watch anything you put out there regardless of who it is targeted at because there is always something new for me to pick up or learn from.

• Love 1

On 6/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I was trying to find an old video and I just wanted to take a second to point towards a few of these videos and "this type" of content and how much it speaks to me as a human and as a hobbyist.

I don't even think I saw this video when it first came out, but it's the story of Aquahuna.  We've seen visits to San Francisco's Ocean Aquarium, other shops, amazing stories.  Even something like the Otocinclus videos. Project Piaba. (I would mention sharkwater in there as well, but that's not ACO content).

I think what is nice to me is to see something about stories I didn't even know I cared so much to hear. I think a lot of us can speak to the enjoyment of a good book, a good movie, something impactful, dramatic, heartfelt, etc. Whatever that emotional connection and attachment you have to that piece of content, the fact that you feel something, that's what I really enjoy about these.  It's like when you stare at river or pond and the water is still. Philosophically you are trying to view underwater to see beyond the surface, but you can't help see the reflection and yourself in that light as well.

I want to mention all of these because in the first one I saw "An Aquarium Co-Op Production" in dramatic fashion.  I really think that's a playlist, secondary channel, or tag on a video series similar to ESPNs 30 for 30. It's the type of content I think would be inspirational to people when they need it.  I hope to see more use of that little tagline and I wanted to mention that I noticed it, enjoyed it, and I can totally see the potential for greatness there.

So much all of this!!!!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

On mobile, so I didn't get all the options. I watch everything except for top-fives and unboxings (ok, yes, you got me, I watch those too),but I prefer livestreams, business updates, and personal updates/fish room vlogs.

I actually stumbled on this thread by searching "favorite coop videos." I was certain that SOMEONE had already had the idea of a bracket -style voting system where we could once and for all determine the "fan favorite" best Coop video.

Somebody should arrange that! I already know my vote for Best Coop Video of All Time (So Far), but it would be interesting to see others' submissions.