Lighting

On 4/16/2022 at 6:29 PM, JoeQ said:

For a lower light/tech tank I love the Finnex Stingray 

Thank you all I have on the tank now is the led it came with. Have had the plants about 2 months and haven’t done much of anything. So I was thinking maybe they need a better light. All by plants I have are low light needs.

It’s a 40 gallon breeder. Ph is 7.6 temp is 78. I have some anubias and Java fern for now. Lights are on from 8 am till around 6pm. All I have right now is the led light that came with the tank. I was dosing every 2 weeks with flourish at recommended amounts. Fish are 3 hillstream loaches 3 angels little over half grown 1 juvenile gold severum and one lonely bleeding heart tetra. I have since changed dosing of flourish to about once a month. There is only 2 small anubias plants and 4 Java ferns. 

On 4/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, Tanked said:

What have you tried so far?

For lights just the led the tank came with and for plants anubias and Java fern 

I agree with Guppysnail, too much light. I would try breaking it into two 4 hour photo periods, and see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks.

I would keep photographs in the spreadsheet where you document water parapmeters, dosing of ferts, and water changes, so it's easy to see what changes in the new growth... and I would only change one thing at a time.

On 4/20/2022 at 1:36 AM, Torrey said:

I agree with Guppysnail, too much light. I would try breaking it into two 4 hour photo periods, and see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks.

I would keep photographs in the spreadsheet where you document water parapmeters, dosing of ferts, and water changes, so it's easy to see what changes in the new growth... and I would only change one thing at a time.

Thank you 

On 4/19/2022 at 10:37 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’ve tried a few different ones. I swear by these. I now have 9 of different sizes from 10g to 40b. I even grow some plants well that supposedly need high tech. Very affordable and durable.

BF679854-AABB-40E3-9C78-03A2444EB425.png

Yes I’m going to try one of these they have good reviews and are not too expensive. Thank you