nicrew or hygger?

BETTA999

I really enjoy my hygger light that I got for my 5 gallon, it's super bright and I have to have the brightness on the lowest setting for my betta. It has been growing my plants very well!

From what I gather both companies are very good, and it's just up to personal preference.

I have both a hygger light, and nicrew light. I am a way bigger fan of the hygger light then the nicrew. Here are the exact modles of each brand I have:

Hygger                Nicrew

The Hygger light I found was a lot easier to program the built in timer. It took me 5 minutes, maybe not even. It is easily adjustable, and you can easily dim the light. The colors on this light really bring out the fish's color, and I'm really enjoying it.

The Nicrew light I found was a lot harder to program. Infact to this day I have not programed my own timer, I just bought a wifi timer and plugged it in. The default 24/7 mode was on for wayy too long for my setup and caused green water. You can make your own 24/7 mode, however the manual doesnt do a great job of explaining how to do so, and there are limited videos on youtube. I'm not a big fan on the colors on this light either, compared to the Hygger.

They are both relativley same price, the hygger might be a little cheaper.

I have 2 Hyggers and 2 Nicrews.  They've both lasted well (3+ years on the Nicrews...a little over a year so far on the Hyggers but no issues) for me.  The Hyggers seem to be slightly better built, but I have the opposite issue as @Guppysnail and have never had an algae issue with my Nicrew tanks and have tons of algae right now in the Hygger tank.  Go figure 🙂 ...FWIW, I don't think it's the light.  I've had that the same the whole time, but I must have an issue with nutrients or circulation or something.  If I were buying again today, I'd buy another Hygger.

• Like 1