My First Ever Tank Video

I've never made a video before so I am not sure this will work, but here is my standing-room-only tank of male guppies, male mollies, female platies and their zillions of fry, with snail friends; please forgive sound, unclean glass, and my not owning a tripod!

• Like 2
  • Love 9

On 3/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, PineSong said:

I've never made a video before so I am not sure this will work, but here is my standing-room-only tank of male guppies, male mollies, female platies and their zillions of fry, with snail friends; please forgive sound, unclean glass, and my not owning a tripod!

Beautiful tank! Thanks so much for sharing. Now… if you want me to help teach you some more advanced and triggering shaky cam techniques down the road, I can definitely help 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks all--I hope to develop better photography and video skills to do my fish justice. They are so sparkly, I want to capture it 🙂

On 3/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, Jeff said:

Your plants look crazy healthy! Nice camera work for not having a tripod....

What does your fertilizing schedule look like?

Thank you!

Two squirts of Easy Green twice a week (Saturday and Wednesday is my goal, sometimes I forget one day) plus root tabs under the large plants once every 4-6 weeks or so.

The tank has only been set up since June of 2021 and as the population has grown from 8 to ??? and the mulm has accumulated, some plants have really taken off and I might be able to get away with less ferts now but haven't tried.

The duckweed covers the tank no matter how often I remove it, so those plants are growing under a heavy layer of duckweed with a Finnex Stingray. I do have "off the charts" hard water, too, not sure if that helps or hinders.