Unheated basement tank

Nate s

So I’m looking for some ideas. Moving some tanks to a smaller room in my basement I’m building  hoping the dehumidifier and smaller space keep the room a little warmer than the rest of the basement. Those tanks will have heaters. That frees up the old space to have some tanks on the current electric (running new electric to the other room, uncle is master electrician so it will all be done right don’t worry). I want to maybe run a 55 and 29 unheated over there. 

In a 55 could I have some white clouds and a species of cories that don’t mind 68-70 for most of the year and like 62 or so during winter? What about Apistogramma borelli? 

if I need to I could add a small heater to keep it at 70 or so most of the time I was just trying not to. 

White clouds for sure (I have had them colder no problem), I have paleatus cories with them but I've never had the cories that cold... Hill stream loaches should work well at that temp and are really cool (possible alternative).

Here is an example of an unheated setup with that stocking

Edited by Dancing Matt

On 3/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, Nate s said:

So I’m looking for some ideas. Moving some tanks to a smaller room in my basement I’m building  hoping the dehumidifier and smaller space keep the room a little warmer than the rest of the basement. Those tanks will have heaters. That frees up the old space to have some tanks on the current electric (running new electric to the other room, uncle is master electrician so it will all be done right don’t worry). I want to maybe run a 55 and 29 unheated over there. 

In a 55 could I have some white clouds and a species of cories that don’t mind 68-70 for most of the year and like 62 or so during winter? What about Apistogramma borelli? 

if I need to I could add a small heater to keep it at 70 or so most of the time I was just trying not to. 

I don’t know much about apistos and temp but you can do a lot of stuff under 70. I keep corydoras paleatus and rabauti pretty cool. I had the paleatus breeding at 61/62 during the last storm.