Dirty jungle tanks

Pinky

I know we see a lot of gorgeous planted tanks here, fully aquascaped and coifed to perfection. But I'd love to see any natural dirty tanks. I just love looking in my aquarium and seeing algae, blackwater, and even *gasp!* particulates!
Makes me feel like Im watching my own private documentary lol

This is my 10 gal desk tank as of tonight. I love watching the fish swim in and out of the beams of light

spacer.png

• Like 3

Sometime the “dirtiest” floating bits diatom and algae tanks are the healthiest with tons of natural micro fauna and flora. 😁 I don’t have one to share right now but I always se up an “ugly tank” by squeezing out sponge filters from a bunch of tanks to hatch my CPD eggs. I don’t have a full tank shot but I will try to locate the picture of my last one. It is way beyond unpleasant to look at but hatched and raised beautiful babies and supported a few BN pleco fry that were being outcompeted for food. 
I was able to find some in my journal. The journal comes in handy so often 😁 it’s not a jungle but the hornwort used to pearl occasionally in this tank. 

690A68E4-85A8-43A3-84E3-3301FE3C6B2F.png

22FF0939-49CE-43EA-B4C5-97CCCD12329D.png

B954541C-4B7F-4799-9BBD-56221AA5D5F1.png

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Coifed or crude, they all have their place.  I'm quite happy with something  that looks natural.  Someday I might also a beautifully manicured tank The picture is a fishcam view of my 29 in early morning sun.  Not much to look at, but the fish like it. A front view might reveal the occasional floating leaf, It is more unkempt than jungle. The plants grow if and where they want.  The only improvement I hope to make is establishing the "balance" others seem to fall into, and getting a better fishcam.

68.png

72.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 2/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, Tanked said:

Coifed or crude, they all have their place.  I'm quite happy with something  that looks natural.  Someday I might also a beautifully manicured tank The picture is a fishcam view of my 29 in early morning sun.  Not much to look at, but the fish like it. A front view might reveal the occasional floating leaf, It is more unkempt than jungle. The plants grow if and where they want.  The only improvement I hope to make is establishing the "balance" others seem to fall into, and getting a better fishcam.

68.png

72.png

are those pearl danios(D. albolineatus)?