Requesting 3d printer people help.

Cory

• Administrators

Hello everyone, I have a product I want to launch, but need to make a prototype to get started. I know some of our people here are doing some amazing things with a 3d printer.  I need someone who has the skills to build the thing and either print it, or I could find someone local to print it. Nothing too complex I don't think. more details once I start trying to work with someone. If you're interested in helping in the process leave a reply here and i'll email ya 😉

I volunteer as tribute!

Joking aside I have 3d modeling experience and have been printing for a number of years and I would be happy to help.

Some of my projects are on thingiverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/substitute/designs

This one was probably my favorite since it got some recognition at the time - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:951618

Edited by TheDukeAnumber1
  • Like 5

I have drafting and design experience for creating your blueprint Cory. Our state is still pretty locked down, so I don't have access to the 3D printer at the MakerGuild.

I can collaborate with  you to help someone with the 3D printer to get your prototype printed.

Work email:

THandPServices@gmail.com 

• Like 1

I have an Ender 2 3D printer and live on the west coast. I haven't made many 3D files but I draft regularly in 2D and have made plenty of CNC G.code programs. I can and would willingly offer free printing and shipping from California for testing purposes. I'm happy to participate with any creator. I also have experience with plastic injection molding and mold making. I've been in the plastic injection molding business for 20 years. Which is nearly 2/3 of my lifetime.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, Cory said:

Hello everyone, I have a product I want to launch, but need to make a prototype to get started. I know some of our people here are doing some amazing things with a 3d printer.  I need someone who has the skills to build the thing and either print it, or I could find someone local to print it. Nothing too complex I don't think. more details once I start trying to work with someone. If you're interested in helping in the process leave a reply here and i'll email ya 😉

I found a local to me Nerm with a 3D printer. 

He and I just discussed printing options, and I have to check with a computer programmer tomorrow to identify how to translate from blueprint, to CAD, to 3D code.

I can email info@ the co-op with what I find out?

• Administrators
On 2/20/2022 at 8:55 PM, Torrey said:

I found a local to me Nerm with a 3D printer. 

He and I just discussed printing options, and I have to check with a computer programmer tomorrow to identify how to translate from blueprint, to CAD, to 3D code.

I can email info@ the co-op with what I find out?

Hi Torrey,

I am working with TheDuke currently. I actually ordered my own printer that should be here in like 6 weeks. Excited to learn.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:13 PM, Cory said:

Hi Torrey,

I am working with TheDuke currently. I actually ordered my own printer that should be here in like 6 weeks. Excited to learn.

Awesome!!!

According to my cosplay friends, you are about to have a massively entertaining nerm tool.

I have an open source blueprint for copper N-95 equivalent masks, if you want the plans, lol

• 1 year later...

I used a 3d printer to basically finish a design project for an airplane seat.  There's a ton of little things that go into printing for production... meaning, taking a design from a printed part to an actual production model, and I just wanted to reply here / follow the thread.

Nice work @TheDukeAnumber1 and Cory and I'm excited to see what comes of the projects.  You have my curiosity piqued.  If you need anything, please feel free to let me know. 

• Like 1