BeginnerFishKeeper

That looks like scale damage to me I would add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants and monitor Bettas can develop tumor that start like this so I would monitor closely 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, Colu said:

That looks like scale damage to me I would add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants and monitor Bettas can develop tumor that start like this so I would monitor closely 

Ok, how long would I have to wait for a water change after adding the salt? Is it possible for it to heal on its own? The aquarium salt won’t ship to me for close to a week so I’m worried about whether or not the damage will get better or worse by then. Also is there any other alternative to aquarium salt? I have snails in my tank that I’m worried about 

Edited by BeginnerFishKeeper

If using salt you can do daily water changes as long as you add the amount of salt back in you take out  If you don't have aquarium salt I would just increase water changes that will help speed up the healing process as it looks like mild damage at the moment increase water changes and salt should fix him up  I would have some seachems kanaplex and focus on hand just in case you have any issues in the future

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1