Exotic tanks

I know I'm not the only one that can look at an item and wonder  hmh! Wonder if tgat could be turned into a fish tank! As you see below I had stumbled upon this old antique milk jugg. It's 6 gallons  I paid 30 $ later found out there going for 130$ online in this shape! Totally cool right! Well at any rate here I sit waiting on my nano sponge from Cory and a few plants 😆 🤣 😂 🤦🤷‍♂️ thinking  some rice fish or guppys being as they don't need a heater 🤔  thoughts? Also can I hear about some of yalls finds and exotic tanks 

20211120_142235.jpg

• Like 1

Haha! This does kinda look fun.

A few medaka should be good with the temp and size. 

Guppies actually need some warmth, but endlers are similar, smaller, and don't need *quite* as much warmth. And if you do go with endlers, consider a few males instead of any females, just because they're a lot smaller. (Males' colors would be easier to see through that glass than silver females anyway.)

As for the animals' well-being, I'm thinking medaka, neocaridina, and snails might be your best bets.

• Like 1

Cool find, it will be a tricky shape to gavel vac so the less messy occupants will make life easier. 

I have a gaint glass sweety jar (the ones they had in the shops back when you had to buy sweets by weight) anyway that was used as the fish transport jar when the goldfish had to go and stay with someone else for the holidays. Not quite big enough to be a long term fish home but great for resting plants

On 11/22/2021 at 2:38 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I would totally do a "snail vase" here have some sort of plant at the bottom (too bad Marimos are out cause I'd do a pile of them on top of some cool rocks or substrate and a few pieces of driftwood) then a plant like lucky bamboo and/or pothos sticking out the top! Self contained environment!

I have a few moss balls that are safe!  Along with some lucky bamboo so thanks for that idea Friend 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, JettsPapa said:

My first option would be to see if I could sell it for $120.00, or even $100.00, or $80.00 if I didn't get a better offer.  If that didn't work out I'd put shrimp in it (after it had seasoned for several months).

It's not about the money friend  though 130 for something I paid 30 for is a nice come up

• Like 1