Favorite Place To Buy Fancy Guppies?

William Lynch

On Facebook look up original GT guppies. Jason at RedFishBlueFish has @Bentley Pascoeblue Hawaiian Moscow and several other varieties. 
Aquabid has some great breeders. 
Ive found solid color varieties sell better than the snakeskins and dragons, I think they don’t show off as well in the fish store whereas the solids are pretty self explanatory. Ribbon varieties don’t breed as well as the others, the ribbons get in the way of doing the deed. Crushed coral is your friend. Use a little salt for the first couple weeks as a lot of breeders keep them almost brackish so you’ll need to transition them off the salt. 
Best of luck and enjoy them, I find them delightful. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 9:23 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

On Facebook look up original GT guppies. Jason at RedFishBlueFish has @Bentley Pascoeblue Hawaiian Moscow and several other varieties. 
Aquabid has some great breeders. 
Ive found solid color varieties sell better than the snakeskins and dragons, I think they don’t show off as well in the fish store whereas the solids are pretty self explanatory. Ribbon varieties don’t breed as well as the others, the ribbons get in the way of doing the deed. Crushed coral is your friend. Use a little salt for the first couple weeks as a lot of breeders keep them almost brackish so you’ll need to transition them off the salt. 
Best of luck and enjoy them, I find them delightful. 

Thanks so much! I think you just read my mind and answered all of my other questions too lol. Thanks for the advice. One final thought... have you personally had any positive experiences with sellers on aquabid? I have no experience ordering on there and want to optimize my first time success. Thanks!

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 10:20 PM, GameCzar said:

I've had luck buying from breeders.   Since we seem to be allowed to name drop on this thread check out Michael's Fish Room, he's a brand ambassador for Co-Op and I got some gorgeous mutts from him, but he also breeds pure strains. 

Thanks I'll check him out. Can't go wrong with a co-op affiliate!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:24 PM, William Lynch said:

I am looking to invest in a trio of fancy guppies online and was wondering what are peoples experiences have been buying from different websites, aquabid sellers ect....

I drool over Max Cardena's fish.

Was able to buy 2 of his blue females at our last auction, and looks like one came pregnant. 

He's the one who taught our club photography class.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014449128228&ref=content_filter

[I'll be honest, I drool over the photography skills!😍😍😍]