Squid Game Thoughts??

Keeg

So theres this new series on Netflix and 9/10 would recommend. It does have explicit content so keep that in mind if planning to watch with children. <--- Cannot stress this enough. 

With that out of the way, if you have watched it, what did y'all think? If you haven't watched it, there may be spoilers and I urge you to look away if you're planning on watching it. 

*SPOILERS*

This has easily become one of my favorite shows of all time, the subtitles (because audio is Korean) aren't perfect but it does great! 

So knowing myself, I dont think I could've made it to the very end. Personally, I think I could win all games except marbles and glass bridge, but if I were able to make it through all of them, I think I definitely could've won. I know that's a bit optimistic but I feel relatively confident with the different types. Which games do you think you could've won? What shape did you choose before the start? I chose circle, idk why, just did. Do you think they'll add another season? Do you think they'll change up the games if they do? (I think they will). What are your thoughts and theories? 

My favorite genre of movies is "death game", its super popular in Asia but relatively recently crossed over to the western world and I love it. 

If you liked squid game, I recommend "hunger games" duh, "maze runner", "saw" series are a bit morbid though, "Darwin's game" (this one is an animae as a heads up), and a all time favorite "3%" (it is in Portuguese). 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, Keeg said:

So theres this new series on Netflix and 9/10 would recommend. It does have explicit content so keep that in mind if planning to watch with children. <--- Cannot stress this enough. 

With that out of the way, if you have watched it, what did y'all think? If you haven't watched it, there may be spoilers and I urge you to look away if you're planning on watching it. 

*SPOILERS*

This has easily become one of my favorite shows of all time, the subtitles (because audio is Korean) aren't perfect but it does great! 

So knowing myself, I dont think I could've made it to the very end. Personally, I think I could win all games except marbles and glass bridge, but if I were able to make it through all of them, I think I definitely could've won. I know that's a bit optimistic but I feel relatively confident with the different types. Which games do you think you could've won? What shape did you choose before the start? I chose circle, idk why, just did. Do you think they'll add another season? Do you think they'll change up the games if they do? (I think they will). What are your thoughts and theories? 

My favorite genre of movies is "death game", its super popular in Asia but relatively recently crossed over to the western world and I love it. 

If you liked squid game, I recommend "hunger games" duh, "maze runner", "saw" series are a bit morbid though, "Darwin's game" (this one is an animae as a heads up), and a all time favorite "3%" (it is in Portuguese). 

I find it a little overrated, I preferred Shadow and Bone

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 4:43 AM, Helan said:

I find it a little overrated

Same, definitely an entertaining and interesting watch, and I really enjoyed the tug of war scene, but it seemed overly suspensful at times. I don't really analyze shows much, I don't watch very many usually I just stick back and enjoy the ride without thinking about it too much, but this one either I didn't enjoy the theme or how it was executed I guess because I didn't feel there was much of a take away, but then again the story isn't necessarily over.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, sudofish said:

I liked it. It's refreshing to find something decent to stream amid all the garbage being released lately. Other than red light I don't know that I could've survived any of them.

Definitely a bit of a dry season. Have you tried shadow and bone?

On 10/21/2021 at 8:35 AM, sudofish said:

I'll check it out. I was looking forward to and disappointed in Halloween Kills and The Many Saints of Newark.

We enjoyed Halloween Kills, its quite brutal!  Tonight we watch Dune 🙂

Edited by GameCzar