Feeding Mystery Snails

Beccs410

On 9/27/2021 at 11:38 AM, Beccs410 said:

Well, I guess I was wrong about the zucchini! I tried it again last night and came out to half of it eaten away! 

My mystery snail likes the blanched zuchini after it has been in the tank for a few hours--he's faster about green beans. He also does not appear to eat much algae. After he spends half an hour on a smooth stone covered in green algae, the stone is.... still covered in green algae. I never knew how much my otos were eating until I removed them from the tank and my river stones went from white to green in about five days. I keep cuttle bone in the tank and he gets Hikari algae wafers, too. So far his shell development looks very healthy and he's active.

• Like 1

Yes, he loves the zucchini for sure and the crab cuisine...He has also staked his claim to the pleco cave...it's his favorite hideout. So, I've been putting his food just outside of it and it's working wonderfully! Totally going to order a glass feeding tray for him, such a great idea! Parameters should be perfect for his shell growth too--pH of 7.5, gH of 11, kH of 5 (my tap has a gH of 2 and a kH of 1, so I add alkalinity buffer and equilibrium). He's becoming more and more active now that he's been in the tank for a week. Can't wait to introduce him to the Jade Mystery snail I ordered today...Kronk! More than likely, I'll probably end up with a purple one too; we need an Yzma of course!

1926673070_CuzcoZucchini.jpg.f3e259c772a1a380ec24d5aea689f0eb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...