Inkbird WiFi Configuration and Usage

@ARMYVET I have it all set up, and the SV is giving me a "P"

I have read the instructions back and fourth and it says nothing about what a P means? I also for some reason can't get it set up to my WiFi and I have no idea if its a 2.4Gh2?? How would I know that?

and it appears that it has over ridden my heaters, so I can't manually set them... so I have NO idea if they are heating or not. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@ARMYVET I have it all set up, and the SV is giving me a "P"

I have read the instructions back and fourth and it says nothing about what a P means? I also for some reason can't get it set up to my WiFi and I have no idea if its a 2.4Gh2?? How would I know that?

and it appears that it has over ridden my heaters, so I can't manually set them... so I have NO idea if they are heating or not. 

I am going to look up the instructions then PM you and we will get this working pronto

• Like 1

First of all you manually set the temps on the heaters to 5 deg above your intended temps.  This way the heater itself will always be on.  You want the controller to turn power on and off to the heaters not the heaters doing it.. That would defeat the purpose of controller.

So if you want to keep your tank at say 78.....set the heaters to 83-84

can you take a pic of the readout so I can see what its doing?

• Like 2

@ARMYVET

see below:

If I want to keep the tank at 78 what do I set the rest of the parameters at?

@Streetwise I have AT & T 1G Fiber so I am trying to figure out what the GHz is??? I tried to look on my router, and my app and can't find that info?

temp control_135050.jpg

@Streetwise its an inkbird ITC 306A WiFi

Where would I find the router information? Can you tell I know nada about IT.. LOL

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, ARMYVET said:

COntinuous heating time is a setting where if the tank does not come up to temp before that time it will send you a notification

right now its at 0 what should I set it at? Should I put it 6 hours??

On 9/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, Streetwise said:

Maybe take a picture of the gear. It might also have print on it which identifies it.

@Streetwise see below

[edited image out] BGW 320 from AT&T

t1 and t2 are your temp probs current temp reading.  This is telling me that one probe is reading 85 deg and the other is 84 deg

AH is the hight temp alarm...you set this number to 5 deg above your desired tank temp

AL is the low temp alarm...you set this number to alert you to when the temp drops to a certain temp I would go 5 deg below your desired set temp.

Set the continious heating temp time to 3 or 4 hours .

Do not touch the calibration settings

looking at your router I looked it up and it does indeed have 2.4ghz capability

On 9/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@ARMYVET

see below:

If I want to keep the tank at 78 what do I set the rest of the parameters at?

@Streetwise I have AT & T 1G Fiber so I am trying to figure out what the GHz is??? I tried to look on my router, and my app and can't find that info?

temp control_135050.jpg

@Streetwise its an inkbird ITC 306A WiFi

Where would I find the router information? Can you tell I know nada about IT.. LOL

Yay!!!! A fellow technonoob!!!!

After @Streetwise & @ARMYVET help get you set up, I might ask them for help on a wifi timer I was gifted and unable to get set up😅

Fish?

No problem. 

WiFi?

I might be more effective if I didn't get so frustrated. Maybe I need more coffee first🤔

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, Torrey said:

Maybe I need more coffee first🤔

I always need more coffee😵

On 9/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, Streetwise said:

Okay, try to get into your Wi-Fi settings via that link.

@Sandra the fish rookie what your looking for is your wifi name and password.  You need to enter those into the inkbird app so it can connect to your wifi.

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:36 PM, ARMYVET said:

once they are set to 5 deg above your target temp unplug them and plug them to the controller

@ARMYVET so you want me to set the heaters at 85 (both of them) then unplug them and put them into the temp controller? and that is what is going to stop that P message?

@Streetwise I am in the settings now what? it does not have a lot of options from what I can see

App preferences, Account , Legal and leave us feedback