Inkbird WiFi Configuration and Usage

@Streetwise followed the steps 4 times.. it gives me this message:

Devise is not responding check demerit points and re try

1) check the device has bee reset and the indicator is blinking quickly

2) Check if its is a 2.4 GHz Wi Fi

3) Verify Wi-Fi password

I hit re try.. and no go 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:27 PM, ARMYVET said:

t1 and t2 are your temp probs current temp reading. 

@ARMYVET See current readings from the probes. NOTE..they are not connected to the heaters. I have the heaters plugged into another power cord.. I set them at 77 just to see if they work first.. and I have now resorted to having a beer during this process.  

Temp reg 2_153222.jpg

SO right now from that pic....it is telling me that your current temp in the tank is 77.8 ...your set temp is 75.5.  SO right now the work light is off telling you that no power would be supplied to the heaters because you current temp is higher then your set temp.

If you were to make the SV lets say 79...then the work light would come on letting you know that power is being supplied to the heaters.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, Streetwise said:

connecting to that AT&T

@Streetwise I am connected to the ATT& T portal. I just don't know what you want me to do when I am in there. LOL 

The issue is that I now have the probes in there. I am going to try and set it up AGAIN but would really feel better if it would connect to my Wi Fi before I connect my heaters to it. 

I will re watch the video and try again. I honestly don't think its the Wi Fi, I have 14 devices connected to it including the Kasa Lights..and have never had an issue. There has to be a step that I am missing somewhere.. 

I am going to re watch that video again and do exactly as they do.. but I have a feeling there is something else going on that I am not doing correctly. Which would not surprise me. 

Nurses fix broken people..but play with tech.. not so much.. LOL 

@ARMYVET & @Streetwise

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APP IS WORKING!

Now.. @ARMYVET how do I set this crazy thing!

What do I set as a temp callibration

If I want to keep the tank at 77 (decided because its near a window). What should be my high temp low temp ???

Don't give up on me now.. I didn't even finish my beer determined to get this done! (a fly landed in it). haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ARMYVET what do I set the probes (T1 and T2) degrees wise? Right now the temp is 78.9 (just did a water change) T1=75.5 and T2=74.8

Heaters are set at 77... (because I could not get the regulator to work) should I increase that?

@Streetwise I did the AP Mode..and BOOM! it set it up in seconds FLAT! 

Now I just need to set it

Screenshot 2021-09-25 174402.png

On 9/25/2021 at 2:55 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

Nurses fix broken people..but play with tech.. not so much.. LOL 

This answers the issue!!!!

I've been working in health care fixing people!

Fish keeping is my self-care. 

Electronics are merely a nightmare 😅

Also, I am back out of reactions 🙄

They must have a max # to use and gives back a few once the 24 hour mark past the initial use? 

At any rate, CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA!!!!

• Like 2

I’m a mechanic by trade but thru my years I have done many jobs…electrical , plumbing, const, small eng repair …even roofing. I have always said there is nothing I can’t fix. 

When it comes to tech….I was programming computers before it was a thing…lol 

So now I’m a techno junkie that can fix anything.  Bring it on lol

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:42 PM, ARMYVET said:

The big number in the middle is the current temp of the tank.

I checked my tank temp and its78.2 and the 79.1 has not changed since I plugged it in. 

You mentioned that I should set my heaters in the 80's??? or should should I set them differently? 

The temp calibration is currently set at 0.2 degrees F. Is that correct??? 

temp calibration should be set to 0.  Unless you tried to check the calibration using one of the 2 options we are going to assume they are calibrated correctly for now.  

You need to set the heaters individually BEFORE they are plugged into the controller to 81 deg.  This way technically the heaters are always on.  When plugged into the controller the controller will be controlling power to the heaters and controlling temp that way.

Edited by ARMYVET

On 9/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, ARMYVET said:

You need to set the heaters individually BEFORE they are plugged into the controller to 81 deg.

Okay @ARMYVET I will set both heaters at 81. Do I have to wait to see that they are increasing in temp before unplugging them and plugging them into the controller?

I would want my controller to alarm when the temp gets to 79.5 Is that a good alarm temp? My temp low is set at 71.5 is that too low? should it be 72?

Nope...set the temp then unplug and plug into controller.

If your desired is 77 then you want the alarm set (in my opinion) at 5 deg above or below the desired temp. 5 degrees either  up or down will not hurt the fish but give you plenty of time to fix the issue.

• Like 2