How Many Detritus Worms is Too Many?

Jennifer V

A trio 2f/1m CPD would have lovely fat little tummies in there 😁 small and eat eggs wrigglers and fry so no overpopulation issues. I started a 10g with this combo the eggs are super simple to hatch if you ever wanted more. In a 5 I doubt any would survive the parents.  I have them all in 20l planted and maybe 3-5x a year 1 will survive them long enough to rescue. If I don’t rescue they become snacks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:49 AM, Hobbit said:

You can also harvest them to feed to fish in other tanks! If you have a large population going, it could be a nice stable source of live, tasty, nutritious food. 😋

Oh what an interesting idea! I actually set up the snail tank to feed my puffers, so do you think I should try feeding them the worms too? This could've just become a very exciting little development! 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:42 AM, Guppysnail said:

A trio 2f/1m CPD would have lovely fat little tummies in there 😁 small and eat eggs wrigglers and fry so no overpopulation issues. I started a 10g with this combo the eggs are super simple to hatch if you ever wanted more. In a 5 I doubt any would survive the parents.  I have them all in 20l planted and maybe 3-5x a year 1 will survive them long enough to rescue. If I don’t rescue they become snacks. 

I've had my eye on CPDs! Are they pretty hardy fishies? I'm still new to the hobby so I need some little guys that can handle my fumbling through the hobby. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Jennifer V said:

Oh what an interesting idea! I actually set up the snail tank to feed my puffers, so do you think I should try feeding them the worms too? This could've just become a very exciting little development! 

I've had my eye on CPDs! Are they pretty hardy fishies? I'm still new to the hobby so I need some little guys that can handle my fumbling through the hobby. 

Mine are dynamite hardy eat like pigs never hide actually come to the front at feeding times I love them!

29EBCF16-6933-46A4-838D-0559908C5E0B.jpeg

909D7C91-7292-46BA-91D3-C47205481E46.jpeg

392006BF-F86D-4C0C-A85A-90471679033C.jpeg

1C16B8B4-29B0-4AD6-AF90-83516183A6F7.jpeg

1FAA290D-D67A-447C-BFED-A19C8E70EDBD.jpeg

• Love 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Jennifer V said:

Perfect!! I don’t have puffers so I’m not 100% sure but I think some of them like to eat worms. It’s certainly worth a try!

• Thanks 1