Pogostemon

Jimmy

On 9/14/2021 at 2:57 PM, Jimmy said:

I would prefer water sprite but why spend the money.

For what it's worth, octopus is doing much better in my water than sprite did. Sprite has thin flimsy leaves - and all plants with flimsy leaves dissolve in my water like they're made of toilet tissue. So you might actually be better off with the octopus anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, CalmedByFish said:

For what it's worth, octopus is doing much better in my water than sprite did. Sprite has thin flimsy leaves - and all plants with flimsy leaves dissolve in my water like they're made of toilet tissue. So you might actually be better off with the octopus anyway.

I got a couple pieces currently floating now, I will be interested to see how it turns outI got a couple pieces currently floating now, I will be interested to see how it turns out

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:46 PM, Keeg said:

Instead of growing roots at where they were cut, my floating ones just make roots all over the stem trying to ground it self. Makes a good place for fry to hide. 

Honestly I’ve kept the plant for a year now I’ve always just tossed it if some broke off. I had done a recent trimming and found to break aways with frilly roots up the stem. Excited to start growing that out for my 27 aquariums 

• Like 1

I couldn't grow Water Sprite either.  It seemed to be too delicate for the tank.  PSO is the latest fail in my planted tank, yet it appears that it is going to thrive in the project tank where I break most of the rules.  I have one very tiny breakaway floating now and the parent plant is probably big enough for it's first trim.  I will float one and plant one.  If this works, I may finally have enough acclimated plants to return to the planted tank.

• Like 2

I have 2 PGO i got from the COOP months ago.  The are in a 5 gallon tall cube growing very well and tall still in their pots.  I am about to cut some right off the top and take the pieces and float them on other tanks because I know they will grow well floating.  

Gotta love plants like that.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 5:41 AM, ARMYVET said:

I have 2 PGO i got from the COOP months ago.  The are in a 5 gallon tall cube growing very well and tall still in their pots.  I am about to cut some right off the top and take the pieces and float them on other tanks because I know they will grow well floating.  

Gotta love plants like that.

Pogostemon grows crazy fast in my mineral deficient water. I dose PPS pro