Reliable Longterm Heaters

Tihshho

On 9/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, Scott P. said:

The eheim is what I'm leaning towards. I already have a Inkbird controller so all I need is a good heater. I've been looking at their newer models without the calibration gizmo.

Right now my tank stays where I was it, but I believe come winter it may need some help.

I forgot to mention that I've given up on the "calibration gizmo".  When I get a new heater I watch it close for a few days, with a thermometer in the tank, and adjust the heat up or down to get the temperature where I want it on the thermometer.  It's usually pretty far away from what it says on the heater dial.

• Like 5

On 9/5/2021 at 1:23 PM, Tihshho said:

When it comes to prolific species I don't think you're going to really stop them from doing their thing... To them it's just mood lighting and basically turning their tank into the red light district... 

Mood lighting 🤣

With my guppies and swordtails pumping out fry nonstop and now my corys laid eggs....Maybe I should turn off the Barry White music I have playing all the tome on there!!!😋

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Haha 1

I was just surfing for a couple new heaters as I picked up more free tanks recently. ( HAI MTS! ). Setups came with everything else. I was agonizing over every other review being 5-10% "This heater killed everything in my tank." Sadly, I guess that's just the way it is these days.

Edited by Vanish
spelling
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...