Nermisms

Jake Yde

So I was recording a little video today and trying to say Guppies, but was talking about guppy Endler hybrids and spat out Gupplers. Found a reference to Gupplers back in 2013 and I'm sure it was said long before then. Of course we know where the term Nerm came from, as well as Techmologies. But I'm wondering, if we call these Nerm tongue slips Nermisms then what are some of your favorite Nermisms?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 6:11 PM, Guppysnail said:

Hubby calls my gravel vacuuming  poop patrol does that count?

As a nermism, probably not.  As a euphemism, it definitely counts. This hobby probably has quite a few of those.  My common pleco would occasionally leave several inches of "boat rope" on the bottom of the tank that had to be removed later with the "crud sucker".  I don't know anyone that has any real interest in aquariums, so I haven't heard any nermisms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, Atitagain said:

@Jake Yde

I don’t wanna put my nerm card at risk but I musta missed this one could you explain plz?

On 8/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Guppysnail said:

We must have played hookie together that day🤣

It was said on a few of the live streams and more than a couple of times on RFT. I'll see if I can did an episode number or date up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 8:12 PM, Streetwise said:

Nerms are C.A.R.E. Forum members. The word origin is a fun story.

Yeah I remember looking that up a little while back but couldn't find exactly where it took off. It seems to have kinda spontaneously exploded. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jake Yde said:

Yeah I remember looking that up a little while back but couldn't find exactly where it took off. It seems to have kinda spontaneously exploded. 

I can’t find the link but Cory said it was someone who walks into a LFS looking totally normal, but then you learn they have like 48 fish tanks! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2