New Fish Room - How to setup auto water change

Aquatic Journal

Hello everyone,

I am starting to move next week and going from a fish corner to a fish garage. I am looking at setting up auto water change in the garage. I am a bit confused on how you do it. Everyone shows you how to get water into the tanks but nobody ever talks about out. Is it as simple as pumping water into a tank with an overflow and letting the water flow out the other side as you pump it in?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DavidR said:

Is there an easy way to overflow the water out if I don't want to drill my tanks? This isn't possible on many of my tanks unfortunately.

I think this guy did something like what you're asking. Rob asks him about it towards the end of the video. Also its what he is holding in the video thumbnail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidR said:

Is there an easy way to overflow the water out if I don't want to drill my tanks? This isn't possible on many of my tanks unfortunately.

Greg Sage at Select Aquatics does something similar in terms of creating overflow plumbing that requires no tanks drilling. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lNSqpRBvIA

In think the King of DIY also has a number of videos on the topic as well. 

Personally, I drill my tanks and overflow into a medium sized tote with a utility sump that empties the water into a drain pipe on the other side of my basement. 

• Like 1