New 20 High

Rudles

Update, I was unable to find pure Ammonia locally. I guess I'll have to pull my snails out of another aquarium and put them in here. Per comments on this thread they poop enough to at least help. I'll probably be doing some heavy ghost feeding as well. Last time I used two shrimp, spot prawns, but I don’t have any now and oddly enough being in Alaska they aren't available locally. Do any of you know of any other way to raise my ammonia level?

Got my new 20 high up and running today. I used the sponge filter from my 29 and Fritz Zyme 7 to kick the cycle. I stressed heavily over my 29 a couple of months ago and my original 20 high a little over three years ago. Not going to stress so much this time. Once this one is cycled and plants are established I'm going to re-scape my 29 and rebuild my other 20 high. I'm running out of room but I'm still considering getting one of my 10s up and running for a Betta. 

Gotta love MTS 🤣🤣🤣

Update, using Fritz Zyme 7 and one heavy ghost feeding my Ammonia is barely above 0.25 ppm. I'm just hoping that I can find pure Ammonia in a local store. I don't have access to a LFS, LPS or any chain stores. Other than adding the rest of the bottle of Fritz Zyme 7 and more heavy ghost feeding any ideas on how to increase the Ammonia level?

20210815_184533.jpg

Edited by Rudles
  • Like 5

Durrrrr, blub, blub, blub ..... I realized that Fritz Zyme 7 was just bacteria and that it wasn't going to raise my ammonia level by adding it to my tank. Having put enough for 80 gallons in a 20 gallon which because of the substrate is probably between 17-17.5 gallons I pulled Gabriel and my 3 Nerite snails out of my old 20 and put them in my new 20. It's been over 3 hours and he seems to be doing just fine. Just as a precaution I'm going to seriously over feed for a day or two and keep a close eye on his behavior.

20210817_152137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...