Homemade food from snails

Fishy_Jordan

On 7/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, Fishy_Jordan said:

If I humanely killed the snails by Freezing them could I grind them up in a coffee grinder with vegetables to make a homemade food? If so would it be nutritious? 

Freezing them is the least humane way.  Squish them so it is quick and then freeze them. I do not see why you could not but be aware it will release a decent amount of ammonia when you feed.  

If you are talking about the snails already in your aquarium I would not worry about parasites. Wild caught no way they may have parasites. I feel as though they actually would provide some nutritional value as puffer owners feed them to their fish betta goldfish etc eat them so there must be something in them worth eating.  It is actually thoughtful to not just waste snails you do not want by throwing them out. Let me know how you make out mine are pets so I wouldn’t but I am curious.  
I just realized I had not answered your nutrients question 😁

I've tried escargot just in case I was ever lost in the woods or stranded on a desert island.   Snail Pâté for the fish could work if the snails are sourced from your tank. Find one of those tiny ice cube trays for your mixture..  If you are concerned about being humane, put the snails in the refrigerator for a day or two before freezing.  The will pass quietly in their sleep.