DavidR

On 7/16/2021 at 10:21 AM, DavidR said:

I picked up some smaller fish lately and want to start hatching brine again. My last several hatches have been pretty bad.

How much salt should be added to the Ziss hatchery?

Also, I've ordered some new brine shrimp eggs as my eggs may have gone bad. Can eggs be kept in the freezer? I read that somewhere and kept my eggs there for a few months.

Thanks

Most hobbyists find that keeping the eggs in the fridge or freezer long term is the best solution.

Hatching the eggs is a simple process of adding 1 tablespoon of salt per liter of water.

Make sure you're not dechlorinating the water the above info is from the co-op brine shrimp page.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, DavidR said:

I picked up some smaller fish lately and want to start hatching brine again. My last several hatches have been pretty bad.

How much salt should be added to the Ziss hatchery?

Also, I've ordered some new brine shrimp eggs as my eggs may have gone bad. Can eggs be kept in the freezer? I read that somewhere and kept my eggs there for a few months.

Thanks

Yes you can. I keep mine in the freezer I would think frozen is longer term and fridge medium term they like to be stored dark, dry, and cold in my experience. I just take out enough for 2 weeks of hatches and the rest stay frozen until I need them. I would think you could probably go from frozen to the hatcher directly but I haven't tried it that way.

I use the Ziss personally. 2 tablespoons salt standard tap water up to that line on the Ziss just below where the lid sits is my ratio. I prefer those coop eggs for the separation and have hatched up to 1 tablespoon in it. They are amazing in the Ziss and how I run it.