Water lily

Pizzafan

On 7/11/2021 at 8:40 AM, Scott P. said:

Your lily looks great. I have one on the way for my tank. My first try at a lily.

I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

I bought 2 bulbs from petco for $4. One was a complete dud that just got moldy in my tank. The other one exploded after about a week. The foreground lily was an offshoot I cut off that seems to still be growing (albeit slower than the ones attached to the bulb). This is 2-3 months since I bought it so they grow fast! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had one in my tank for about a week and it hasn't done anything...I'll leave it for another week just on the off chance it does something.

Yours looks awesome!!! I hope I can get mine (or a new one) to look that good someday!

On 7/11/2021 at 6:13 PM, DebSills said:

Yeah, I've had one in my tank for about a week and it hasn't done anything...I'll leave it for another week just on the off chance it does something.

Yours looks awesome!!! I hope I can get mine (or a new one) to look that good someday!

Be patient.  As long as the bulb isn’t getting mushy and soft, give it time.  They can go dormant which can take a bit more time for them to sprout.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:13 PM, DebSills said:

Agree with @Odd Duck the onething I've learned about bulb plants is that you need to be patient. My Lilly Bulb was without sprouts for probably 2-3 weeks before I started seeing little leafs starting pop up. Be Patient.