Beardedbillygoat’s Fish & Shrimp Tank Journal

On 4/13/2024 at 3:22 PM, Flipper said:

She is SO beautiful. 

re: Plecos.   I've had only one pleco and he/she is a tiny dwarf clown pleco.  I've looked that up many times and Google has never found a single mention of a "dwarf" clown, but my LFS sells them.  I've named it Bashful and just assume he's a boy, because he acts like a boy to me LoL

If I ever get a large tank, I'll try a big pleco.  For now, I absolutely love little Bashful.  I feel protective over him, like he's my baby 👶 ❤️

20230118_171759_exported_89353.jpg.ae7499bf4a44ca6f33a1502f25648a48.jpg

Careful when you say big pleco; some get over 2 feet long.... now that's a nice size pleco....

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since arriving in 2022 to the Greater Seattle area I’m always overjoyed to attend our auction. I listened to some other members on YouTube this last week and thought I’d share my experience as this is now my 3rd big auction since arriving. 

Firstly I got there late due to my guest - Big D my 6 year old. He came to our Christmas party and had been begging to come again. He also decided he was done with African Dwarf Frogs, that it was cool that he could sell them and buy more fish that he could breed and sell again. He got $10 for his 2 remaining frogs and used that to buy a pair of Panda Guppies. He then turned around and begged for baby CPDs which I couldn’t resist so he’s got quite a new setup going. 

His brother is not as keen on fish keeping but he loves wheeling and dealing- he wants to be a lawyer, god help us all! So he asked me what could we get for his Variatus Platys and I said well I think at least $10 maybe $20, he got $24. He then said he missed Endlers/guppies so we got him some El Tigre Endlers. 

For Dad well I got a group of L519 plecos to add to my 5 I had

I grabbed 2 Big bags 1 of Livebearers- Mixed Endlers and Variatus Platys + 2 a bag of Coryadoras similis. 

I love our club and have fun everyone!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have to say, that was a completely missed opportunity to play Eye of the Tiger!  You’re slipping on finding the perfect music to fit the video!  😉 😂  I expect more from you since you set the precedent and all.  🤣 

I really love my similis cories.  Not as flashy as some cory species but a more soft, subtle beauty that I really enjoy!  Perfect for a close up tank.

• Haha 1