Can someone help me identify these species?

We got our new 10 gallon set up, with eco-complete, root tabs, an established sponge filter, etc.  We ended up getting this mixed multi-pack of plants really cheap, but I have NO idea what they are.   I could tell that the one we glued to the rock was annubias of some sort, and I think there's a sword in there but we are not good at identifying these!  

We could also use some advice on a good carpeting plant for this setup.   We went with mopani for our wood choice. 

As a side note, the bulbs that came with the hood are dingy and weak, got some decent LED bulbs on the way.

10gDay1.jpg

Edited by GameCzar

Left to right, front corner looks like it might be a Crypt of some kind but I’d need to see the whole plant (not worth uprooting it, just give it time and have us guess again in a few weeks).  Back corner looks like a sword but too many similar ones to be sure which species variety.  On the wood, does look like one of the narrow leafed Anubias, maybe congensis, frazerii, minima, or jalapeño?  Behind the wood looks like water wisteria.  Back right another sword, maybe the same type.  Front right is an Alternanthera reineckii but I don’t know which variety.

For sure you’re going to need more light, especially for that AR.  It will grow slowly with moderate light but won’t have good color except the underside of the leaf.  If you can get enough light, it will have better color.  It will have the best color with CO2 and if I remember right, this is one gets even better color with very low nitrates in the water column (somebody please correct me if I’m wrong).  Be sure to trim it before it breaks the surface since emerse growth can trigger leaf drop on the lower stems.

That’s the best I can do for you.  Others may have other thoughts.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I've seen several posts about reineckii not doing well or "optimal" in anything but high tech set ups. I have some in my low tech and it's not dead, but it may or may not stay- I also don't use ferts soooo...

Well it definitely looks like its going to want better lighting, but that's already on the way. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 8:20 PM, Odd Duck said:

Left to right, front corner looks like it might be a Crypt of some kind but I’d need to see the whole plant (not worth uprooting it, just give it time and have us guess again in a few weeks).  Back corner looks like a sword but too many similar ones to be sure which species variety.  On the wood, does look like one of the narrow leafed Anubias, maybe congensis, frazerii, minima, or jalapeño?  Behind the wood looks like water wisteria.  Back right another sword, maybe the same type.  Front right is an Alternanthera reineckii but I don’t know which variety.

For sure you’re going to need more light, especially for that AR.  It will grow slowly with moderate light but won’t have good color except the underside of the leaf.  If you can get enough light, it will have better color.  It will have the best color with CO2 and if I remember right, this is one gets even better color with very low nitrates in the water column (somebody please correct me if I’m wrong).  Be sure to trim it before it breaks the surface since emerse growth can trigger leaf drop on the lower stems.

That’s the best I can do for you.  Others may have other thoughts.

Great info, thanks!