Scaping a Tall Tank

umfalcon

How about Cryptocoryne Retrospiralis or just the regular Crypt Spiralis.  I have the Spiralis in a near 24" deep tank and it reaches up to the top.  

Others I have used in taller tanks.

Water Sprite

Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus 

Pogostemon Erectus

edit: and Water Wisteria

One I want to try soon is Crinum Calamistratum, Cory has mentioned that it is a very slow grower.

Edited by KBOzzie59

What about building up an island style scape in the center with rock/driftwood and using rizome plants like java Fern or anubius. Kind of a densely planted central pyramid rising from the substrate with open swimming space on the flanks?

Or just load it with dwarf aquarium lily's.

Not sure what you would be keeping in it, but it's an idea. 

Edited by MAC

On 7/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, KBOzzie59 said:

How about Cryptocoryne Retrospiralis or just the regular Crypt Spiralis.  I have the Spiralis in a near 24" deep tank and it reaches up to the top.  

Others I have used in taller tanks.

Water Sprite

Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus 

Pogostemon Erectus

edit: and Water Wisteria

One I want to try soon is Crinum Calamistratum, Cory has mentioned that it is a very slow grower.

I second all of these and add crypt usteriana and any sword plant as my 2¢

• Like 1

I have a 40ish gallon cube shaped aquarium that is 24” tall. This is two months in with dwarf sag, tiger lotus, PSO, and ludwigia ovalis with floating hornwort for some added hiding spots while the rest fills out. There’s also some Val in the back, but it melted and isn’t really coming back yet. Trying to be patient. 0E1E9D61-04DA-4984-B183-52AB205421A0.jpeg.64541151ff86a701b0e7200ab9463c01.jpeg

Edited by LaurieinIA
  • Like 1