ADMWNDSR83

I decided to give my clown pleco and cories a special treat, and last night I dropped a chunk of zucchini into my tank following a method I think  found on YouTube, using a bullet sinker stuck in the center to weigh it down.  Tonight, when I got home from work, the tank is filled with seeds and pieces of the zuke, and the large portion is split into sections, floating on the top.  Wish I had a video feed to know what happened!  

I blanch zucchini and green beans to make them soft and sink then serve them in a glass petri dish to help keep them contained. After they have been in all day and overnight carefully lift the dish out and usually take a bunch of "pest" snails out in the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:02 AM, ADMWNDSR83 said:

I decided to give my clown pleco and cories a special treat, and last night I dropped a chunk of zucchini into my tank following a method I think  found on YouTube, using a bullet sinker stuck in the center to weigh it down.  Tonight, when I got home from work, the tank is filled with seeds and pieces of the zuke, and the large portion is split into sections, floating on the top.  Wish I had a video feed to know what happened! 

Stick the zucchini in a fork, and press it against the glass or a piece of hardscape. I do it all the time and it always works for me 

• Thanks 1

I blanch my zucchini and it sinks right away.  I freeze what I don't use and when I feed the frozen zucchini, once it defrosts, it sinks right away.  Every once in a while, I'll see some strings floating around, but those get picked up by the filter or sink and get eaten. 

• Thanks 1