Tank Recommendations: what am I missing/why can't I find one?

PineSong

I'm shopping for a tank and can't seem to find what I'm picturing. I'd like a 20 gallon long tank that is rimless but has a lid. 

It will be set up on a room divider and viewable from both sides, so I'd like a peninsula design rather than having a background on one of the long sides. 

So then I thought okay, if I can't find a peninsula tank, how about a 20 gallon long, clear on all sides tank with a lid... and I can't find one. How do all the rimless tank people keep fish and snails in?

I feel like I missed school on the day they taught where to buy neat-looking tanks. Thanks for any guidance!

Most rimless tanks simply dont come with a lid due to the fact that with rimless tank usually they are high tech scapes, and a lid will usually "ruin" the look of the tank.

With that being said you could get any rimless tank, and make a diy lid. Here is what you will need to hold your lid in place. And heres a video made by our very own @Zenzo explaining the diy lid:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PineSong said:

How do all the rimless tank people keep fish and snails in?

Most don’t have to.  Not a lot of fish that jump, and snails generally stay put unless they’re starving.

most that need a lid use a screen instead.

Edited by tonyjuliano

17 hours ago, Zenzo said:

Hey Everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that posting links to competitor sites is not allowed. I had to edit a couple of the comments. 

Thank you!

Zenzo 

Oops, sorry, I started it and wasn't thinking!

• Like 1

Thanks to all who replied--and sorry for the rookie mistake in the link. The video was super helpful and now I think I know my next steps. I have a 5 gallon betta tank with a glass lid that rests on clips, and I had thought "If only I had enough of those clips..." I should have known that some enterprising person figured that out long ago and was meeting the demand.

I've been away from fishkeeping such a long time--I came back to find rimless tanks exist and celestial pearl danios exist--it's a whole new world!  When I downsized and broke down my previous tanks I sold off my vintage metaframe tanks and thought I'd never have an aquarium I liked the look of again. I'm psyched to have this solution.