Instant cycling a aquarium

Taco Playz

So I was wondering how you can instantly cycle a aquarium. If you guys have seen my post from yesterday you know I am starting a five gallon aquarium.I have chosen just white clouds and shrimp. Thanks for all the ideas. I was watching a video and this guy put the fish straight in then put some benificial bacteria in. Then right after that he put the fish in. I have some Bio-Boost and I have some API Quick Start. Do any of those work?

Thanks,

TacoPlayz

The only thing that instantly cycles an aquarium is taking old filter media from another aquarium and putting it in the new aquarium. You can add water or gravel from another aquarium as well, but the tank is going to have growing pains. The bacteria in the bottle stuff sometimes works, or some of it works. I have used seachem prime without much benefit. 

Fish in cycles are possible and if done right can be done safely, but you need to be checking the ammonia and nitrite levels every day and changing water if either go above 0.5 to protect your fish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taco Playz said:

So what I did was add hornwort and wisteria from one of my tanks. If I do that would it instantly cycle it.

Are those plants from a fairly established tank? I typically grab a fat handful of hornwort, guppy grass or elodea and they bring along a bunch of floaters. Stocking the tank, lightly, is probably fine if you've moved stuff from a more heavily stocked, seasoned tank.

• Like 1

For shrimp I find I need to have a well established tank as there isn't enough biofilm and other yummy stuff for them to graze on. I don't usually add shrimp until the tank has been up and running for a few months. But that's just my experience.

• Like 2

with some fritzyme7 or fluval cycle, and plants. you can pretty much have an instant cycle. as mentioned above though, shrimp need a tank that has had some time to mature. plants from your already running aquarium would be fantastic way to go. add a few fish, then give it some real time before adding shrimp.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Schwack said:

Are those plants from a fairly established tank? I typically grab a fat handful of hornwort, guppy grass or elodea and they bring along a bunch of floaters. Stocking the tank, lightly, is probably fine if you've moved stuff from a more heavily stocked, seasoned tank.

It is from my 29 gallon tank with a lot of algae. It has been established since Christmas.

6 hours ago, Taco Playz said:

Is it fully cycled or should I add some Bio-Boost or some Quick Start. Thanks

You won't know it's fully cycled until you measure water parameters, but based on everything you've added to the tank it's likely you've moved enough bacteria to consider the tank cycled. I wouldn't add anything other than a few fish. Stock it slowly and keep an eye on things as you add fish.

Ok thanks

my ph is 7.6

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0 

Nitrate 10-20 (can’t really tell)

LOOKS LIKE ITS READY FOR MORE PLANTS AND FISH. I CAN’T WAIT. I will double check the parameters every day or every two days. If I am doing something wrong please tell me. 
Thanks 😊 

Taco Playz

31 minutes ago, lefty o said:

a half dozen white clouds would be good. they are a hardy fish, and can tolerate some minor imbalances. try them, and give it a week or more for the tank to stabilize at the new bio load.

Ok should I wait to feed them so that the filter can take a while to get used to fish