Moving Advice

HI All! 

Last post I made was just 6 days ago which was an update on my aquarium that is doing so well. Well, it looks like we are going to be moving across country. What do we do with our Aquarium and fish? 

We're looking to move to Raleigh, NC from Seattle area. Looks like there's some good stores in Raleigh! 

I would sell or giveaway the 29 gallon, and transport your inhabitants in buckets, with a thermal blanket, air, and other suggestions from the forum. You shouldn't have to worry about glass for this move. The 5 gallon should be safe to pack empty.

It really depends on how you are moving, and what your setup will look like in the new location. 

I have driven my fish (Neolamprologus) back in the day (in 18gallon rubbermaids with battery operated air pumps  (USB did not exist then) for about 700ish miles (NE Texas to SE New Mexico and then back to SW Texas later) and they weathered the move just fine. If I were moving as far as you, assuming I could get the new tanks setup at the new location ahead of time, I would bag and ship the fish to new address. If that is not practical, I would give/sell them locally and then buy new tanks/fish when I got settled in the new location.