Treating a Spotted Congo Puffer for Ich

Stephen Zawacki

Hey I have a question I have a spotted congo puffer that I got 2 weeks ago I did not have a quarantine tank at the time so I put him or her right into the tank. He or she is eating great, but look like he or she has some ich along with possible fin rot he or she's tail was a little banged up from shipping.  I got a quarantine tank today 10 gallon. Is it fine if I do maracyn, Para cleanse, and ich x all together.  I know Cory does that with all his fish regardless if they have anything, but I want to make sure if I combine all those medicines that it will not kill my 300 dollar puffer.  Thankyou for any info.

Ok because this was about a month ago I had ich in the tank it went away. Then like you said it might be stress. My question is if I use the med trio as a precautionary measure even if he or she does not have all the stuff would that harm or kill because I don’t want that to happen.
the other thing is that with he or she tail it just got a little teared in the top from shipping will that heal and should that be treated.

Edited by Stephen Zawacki

Hey big tree thankyou but I’ve already read that article now here is a question.  Could i do as it said and since I think it is ich start with ich, then move to the possible fin rot and tear on tail the next week, then the last week do the para cleanse doe parasites which o doubt he or she has but just to be sure ?

Hi yall I never got a response to my questions. I have a spotted congo puffer that I got shipped to me two weeks ago. It looks like he or she has some ich. I have a quarantine tank ready. It also looks like his tail got a little banged up and maybe some fin Rot or fungus 

My question is can I do the med trio just to be safe. 

If I start with the ich x, then do the time.

Then after the ich treatment is done do maracyn.

Then after that cycle do paraclense ad precautionary.

If I miss diagnose, the medicine still should not hurt he or she I just don't want to lose a 300 dollar puffer.

Ok I have to ask. I have a quarantine tank with my Congo puffer and three panda garas. The Congo was getting treated for ich, and possible fungus on his tail.  I did the med trio like Corey recommended followed all the directions to a tee, and it seems the puffer is not improving at all what should I do.

should I dose the trio after this cycle wares out?

2 minutes ago, Stephen Zawacki said:

Ok I have to ask. I have a quarantine tank with my Congo puffer and three panda garas. The Congo was getting treated for ich, and possible fungus on his tail.  I did the med trio like Corey recommended followed all the directions to a tee, and it seems the puffer is not improving at all what should I do.

should I dose the trio after this cycle wares out?

Is it still showing visible ich or is it the fungus  that getting worse

Ok so I have a Congo puffer that a few weeks ago look like he had ich. So I watched Coreys video on how the med trio was like the FIX FOR EVERYTHING. I did the med trio to the tee, and he still has the ich and the trio looks like it did nothing. What should I do should I dose with ich x again or put him back in the main tank and I have supratect.I’m a little upset at how bad the trio worked. Any help would be great.

stephen

The med trio is more designed to intercept anything that's not readily visible.  It's not a miracle cure, but a preventative to try and stop stuff before it can get out of control. If you've got a fish with active ich, fungus, or a clear bacterial infection, treat them accordingly. The med trio is more designed to intercept any latent issue before it flares up in your main tank and causes chaos. It's the proverbial ounce of protection. When you've got a problem you need the pound of cure. It's too late to prevent a problem. Now you need to fix it.