Miller's Journal

On 9/6/2024 at 3:09 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

I never knew how awesome they were. Amazing fish, lots of personality. 

Is it just those two males or did you get pairs?

I bet they love this tank with all the plants to swim in and around

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2024 at 3:02 AM, Aussie Bloke said:

I think I've waited long enough for an update 🤔 

Well, the scape wasn’t working so I completely changed it. People keep messaging me not to post pictures so for now, no pictures. 

Fish are doing great and the plants in the XT 150 are doing quite well. The 120 just has too many fish and I’m getting a bit of algae in places. The 120 is on farm and I’ve obtained a business license for selling to my local shop. Just easy plants like Myrio and rotala types. In fact, we are about to do the 120 water change and package plants. Here’s what that looks like.

I did switch my Macro solution to use KCL and no longer use K2SO4. This allows me full dissolution in my mix. That’s about it as of now. The floating plants are a portion of what I removed yesterday and will be sold today.

IMG_0615.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 9/24/2024 at 11:29 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

People keep messaging me not to post pictures

Why would they msg you to NOT post pics?  Do they not want to see your tanks?  Just jealous maybe?  Very confusing to me since I LOVE seeing your tank pics!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2024 at 9:18 PM, Odd Duck said:

Why would they msg you to NOT post pics?  Do they not want to see your tanks?  Just jealous maybe?  Very confusing to me since I LOVE seeing your tank pics!

So potential judges don’t see it prior to judging. Bart and Vin, both judges, are on a FB page I frequent and I have them friended as well. 

On 9/24/2024 at 10:21 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

So potential judges don’t see it prior to judging. Bart and Vin, both judges, are on a FB page I frequent and I have them friended as well. 

Oh, that makes sense.  You might have to start a private msg thread so the addicts can keep getting previews.  😆 😉 

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2024 at 2:18 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

IMG_0558.jpeg

What plant is in the back left here? Looks like a Limno but curious which one. 

On 9/24/2024 at 11:21 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Well if they would announce already?!?! We could at least get this show on the road. I am glad they haven't as my right side still needs a few weeks to grow in. And I have one more change to make in the back.

On 9/25/2024 at 5:44 AM, SkaleyAquatics said:

but curious which one

Aquatica

On 9/25/2024 at 5:44 AM, SkaleyAquatics said:

Well if they would announce already?!?! We could at least get this show on the road.

Right! So I took the opportunity just to change the whole scape 😆