Sparkling gourami questions

Dwayne Brown

Sparkling Gouramis are reasonably hardy. They do well in small, heavily planted tanks with low flow. They can sometimes make a strange croaking / clicking sound underwater. I’d not keep them with aggressive fish. Watch Foo the Flowerhorn’s channel for a long, regular video series on sparkling Gouramis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot depends on breeder.  Several years ago this fish was hard to find in Western Pennsylvania.  So, when I found them I purchased 2 dozen of some of the saddest looking fish ever.  But once I got them healthy they weren’t all that hard to maintain and spawn.  They seem to enjoy the Hunt of live food.  I also used it to encourage spawning.   My all time favorite live foods are 

01. Black Worms

02. Brine Shrimp

03. Mosquito Larva 

Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brian said:

A lot depends on breeder.  Several years ago this fish was hard to find in Western Pennsylvania.  So, when I found them I purchased 2 dozen of some of the saddest looking fish ever.  But once I got them healthy they weren’t all that hard to maintain and spawn.  They seem to enjoy the Hunt of live food.  I also used it to encourage spawning.   My all time favorite live foods are 

01. Black Worms

02. Brine Shrimp

03. Mosquito Larva 

Good Luck

My lfs has a lot of them all the time and they only sell them for 4 bucks