Mystery snail breeding

Seized

• 4 weeks later...

I always keep them in a container floating in the tank with a lid w/holes. I feed them and raise them in the container until they are big enough not to get eaten. What's the pH in the tank? Low pH can affect snails, but you would likely have an issue with the adults too, if that were the case. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, Seized said:

Ok i know mystery snails arent hard to breed. I can get mine to breed but im unaware of why the babies wont stay alive for much longer than a few days. Any tips on keeping them alive while your im growing them out?

make sure you keep the in-tank conditions constant for about 2 weeks, which is hard at this time of year, temperature-wise. I would clean the tank about a week before you think she'll lay (or a few days after they breed) so that the water is stable by the time the eggs hatch and you won't desperately need to change it. You may need to test the water's pH/alkalinity/hardness? If they're dropping dead, I would try a different combination of parents, if such a thing allows. you can try giving them lettuce too =] good luck!