Newly planted 10 gallon

I finally put my new 10 gallon planted tank together this Tuesday. The dragon stone is holding the driftwood down until it becomes waterlogged. Not visible is the pearlweed I planted in the background, I'm going to let it grow nice and tall and attempt to have a lush green wall of pearlweed. The foreground will hopefully be a lush "field" of dwarf sagittaria and a couple scarlet temple stems to give the aquarium some color other than green. Floating on top is some frogbit. I'm running a couple hours of CO2 in the morning just to give the plants a little extra help. 

20210316_181206.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Betsy said:

Very pretty!!!  I am a big fan of the dark substrate/dark background look...and, I love your hardscape choices.

Driftwood that doesn't sink easily can be so frustrating sometimes, haha!!

Thank you, hopefully I'm able to get the dwarf sagittaria to grow in thick enough that it hides the rock except for about the top 1/3 or so.

• Like 1

I picked up a few female bettas today and started the quarantine process. I use 2.5 gallon aquariums to quarantine bettas, I just use salt and and keep their water clean and warm for a couple weeks and that usually works out great. I can't wait for my new tank to fill in with plants so I can add my new girls to their home. 

20210319_153254.jpg

• Like 2

Week 2 update. The Amazon frogbit has at least double in size, the dwarf sagittaria is converting into underwater growth, my driftwood isn't floating!!!!!! As you can see I didn't have enough substrate to cover the pearlweed pots, I'll fix that this weekend when I do a water change, I'm at .5 ppm ammonia and 1p pm nitrite after being around 2 ppm ammonia.

20210324_081859.jpg

20210324_081929.jpg

20210324_081936.jpg

• Like 3

The aquarium is cycled, I did a 75% water change, and after 24 hours there wasn't an ammonia spike so I added the first inhabitants, a koi female betta named Lucynell Crater and a nerite snail named Mr. Shiftlet. I'll check out my LFS next weekend and see what they have in stock, I'll probably keep it simple and add a small school of some sort of rasbora or one of the smaller types corydoras. I've changed my mind about 15 times on what to stock this tank with so don't hold me to it! 

20210328_113231.jpg

20210328_113237.jpg

• Like 2