Question: Angelfish and shrimp?

Shane

I’m wanting to add some shrimp to the 37g but am hesitant because of my Angelfish.  Just have one that’s about 2.5” now with some coreys, platies, tetras, sae, and hill stream loach.  He leaves all the other fish completely alone.  Any thoughts on shrimp? Any tips?  

My Bolivian Rams get along with shrimp just fine,and the shrimp with them but when shrimp were first offered for sale for freshwater aquariums and no one knew much about keeping them, and there weren't any books about them I tried introducing them into a tank with 5 Angelfish and they didn't even last a minute, that is in spite of the fact that the tank had several large roots covered all over with Java fern. Those shrimp back then were Amanos, small Amanos but to this day I don't think I'd try to combine the two ever again.

Edited by Jungle Fan
fat finger typo
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the advice.  I saw somewhere that someone used a breeder box to keep the shrimp in to allow the fish to get used to them.  Might give it a try. If it doesn’t work I guess the Angel gets a special treat for a snack.