What should I do with the lone diamond tetra in my 29 gallon?

jaydawnsin

Alright, so I ordered some green fire tetras about two months ago, they went through quarantine, but I noticed this one weird fish that was a little bigger than the rest of them and I just figured it was an older green fire tetra. Two months later and it was not 🤣 It's a diamond tetra so I bought 5 more of them. My question is since the first diamond tetra is by itself with the 9 green fire tetras in my 29 gallon, should I move it back to my quarantine tank to be with the school that I just bought or leave it in the 29 gallon since it's already been through quarantine and there's another school of tetras for it to be around? I don't know if the stress of not being with a school is worse than the risk of it getting sick in the quarantine tank with the rest of the school.

I'd leave it in the 29 gallon and then add the other 5 when they are done with quarantine.

I ordered 8 cherry barbs and only 1 of them survived the shipping; but I added him to my tank when his Q-time was done. The stress of moving them back and forth will be greater than their being the only one of their kind. Just think how happy it'll be when his buddies join him soon!!! 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Alesha said:

I'd leave it in the 29 gallon and then add the other 5 when they are done with quarantine.

I ordered 8 cherry barbs and only 1 of them survived the shipping; but I added him to my tank when his Q-time was done. The stress of moving them back and forth will be greater than their being the only one of their kind. Just think how happy it'll be when his buddies join him soon!!! 

Just an update, I never realized that I didnt reply to this, but I did exactly what yall said, didnt lose a single diamond tetra, and now there's a school of them in my tetra tank, lone diamond included. Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 8/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, JaydenDSin said:

Just an update, I never realized that I didnt reply to this, but I did exactly what yall said, didnt lose a single diamond tetra, and now there's a school of them in my tetra tank, lone diamond included. Thank you!

Everybody loves a happy ending! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, JaydenDSin said:

Wonderful! Just wait and see if they breed for you. Mine multiply like mad. 😆 Enjoy them!

• Haha 1