Neon Tetras in 10 Gallon Aquarium

AliAqua

I’m not sure if did he say Neons in a 10, but I’ve watched too many videos of his to be able to remember it all!😂

If this is your first fish tank, well firstly congratulations! You’ve made a great decision getting into the hobby, just don’t look at your spendings😉

If I was doing it as a newbie, I’d probably start with 8, then bring that up to 10 if it’s a species only. You can do more, but I wouldn’t want to overwhelm myself if I was just starting out.

Alternatively, you could do Green Neon Tetras. Excellent colour and they are a little smaller, so you could squeeze a few more in.

There are many people online that will say that neon tetras shouldn't be kept in a 10 gallon tank at all, that they need at least a 20 gallon. I don't know if that's true or not, but as always, generally the bigger the better.  I echo the other posters above and say you could probably do somewhere around 7-10 and increase to 12-15 if things seem to be going well.  Neons don't necessarily have to abide by the mythical "1 inch per gallon" rule. I've kept almost double that previously. It's not ideal, but it can be done.  

Is this your first tank?