Danny LeVeck

1 hour ago, Danny LeVeck said:

Last night I noticed this white spot. Is it a fungus infection?  Would this treat what it is?  My ammonia and nitrite are 0, nitrates are 10, ph 7.6, temp 78.6. 

24C1406F-8EA8-42C0-876E-E22B600AC9F0.jpeg

881F0E9D-AF64-46C6-BD73-271D222DBD17.jpeg

2 minutes ago, FlyingFishKeeper said:

It might be columnaris, but it's kind of hard to see in the photo. If it is columnaris then general cure probably wouldn't work since it's an anti parasitic medicine. @Colu , @Mr_Manifesto, and @James Black might be able to give you better information then me

Okay, thank you. Here are a couple more pictures. 

463CC43E-B9F4-4DC0-8DB6-26ADA1500294.jpeg

F5CE1B76-572C-4465-9F00-8C51684FFB84.jpeg

01DFC8C7-B767-4C10-90B8-AA52DC76CC21.jpeg

E0C086FA-84E0-4553-A22F-6B2B397817B6.jpeg

API General Cure is for parasitic infections, this looks to be a bacterial infection. Maracyn should work for this along with salt and 2tsp a gallon. I would start with the maracyn treatment first this because there is some talk for corydoras being sensitive to salt, I've never had experiance with salt and corydoras. Maracyn is also plant safe but salt at the 2tsp a gallon will indeed kill any live plants.

Edited by James Black
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, James Black said:

API General Cure is for parasitic infections, this looks to be a bacterial infection. Maracyn should work for this along with salt and 2tsp a gallon. I would start with the maracyn treatment first this because there is some talk for corydoras being sensitive to salt, I've never had experiance with salt and corydoras. Maracyn is also plant safe but salt at the 2tsp a gallon will indeed kill any live plants.

Thank you. What do you think my time frame is here?  Do you think I should go get some now or will he be good till tomorrow?

On 1/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, James Black said:

So this is what I found. I’m getting mixed advice online on how to do it. Should I treat directly in the tank, because if I isolate, I might need to treat the others next?  However, if I treat the tank it might kill beneficial bacteria?  

It doesn't look like hole in the head at all to me. Hole in the head looks like small little "holes" in the fish near the head. Hole in the head usaully has more then just on white dot and is usaully bigger. Heres a picture for refernce:

11.1. Hole in the Head

It just looks like a fungus infection. But if you still want to treat for parasites like Colu suggested I would use Paraclense. (your still going to want to treat for the bacterial infection so I would do maracyn) Heres why:

-API General Cure and Paraclense both treat for parasitic infections. I don't know if Maracyn and General Cure mix well together which is why I am recemending Maracyn and Paraclense. Maracyn will treat the bacterial infection. Both are plant safe. Also Paraclense is cheaper and Cory reccemonds it as part of his med trio.

I agree with @Colu treat in whatever tank the corycat is in

Edited by James Black
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, James Black said:

I don't know if Maracyn and General Cure mix well together

They both contain the same active medicine.  So using both at the same time would be double dosing.   Also, I like to use ICH-X when fish get weird fuzzy stuff on their bodies.   Malachite green, does more than just ICH,  treats protozoans and fungus stuff as well.

EDIT:  Mixed up my meds,  Paracleanse and General Cure share the same ingredients, NOT Maracyn.

Edited by Mr_Manifesto

On 1/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, James Black said:

It doesn't look like hole in the head at all to me. Hole in the head looks like small little "holes" in the fish near the head. Hole in the head usaully has more then just on white dot and is usaully bigger. Heres a picture for refernce:

11.1. Hole in the Head

It just looks like a fungus infection. But if you still want to treat for parasites like Colu suggested I would use Paraclense. (your still going to want to treat for the bacterial infection so I would do maracyn) Heres why:

-API General Cure and Paraclense both treat for parasitic infections. I don't know if Maracyn and General Cure mix well together which is why I am recemending Maracyn and Paraclense. Maracyn will treat the bacterial infection. Both are plant safe. Also Paraclense is cheaper and Cory reccemonds it as part of his med trio.

I agree with @Colu treat in whatever tank the corycat is in

I’m treating for bacterial infection, but after 24 hours, it seems to be getting worse. Can I treat for fungus, bacteria, and parasite at the same time?